“Okay, but it does need updating and repairs.”

Inn At Grand Glaize
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Osage Beach
Reviewed March 17, 2010

We were there as part of a group event. Room we were in was okay - nothing special. Hair dryer died first time used. AC/heater fairly loud, kept room at comfortable temp, but had to move room chair in front of unit to keep air from coming down right on our heads in bed. Our room "view" was the back of one of the service buildings (not 6 feet away), and not happy that we were charged the same as the rooms with lake views. Several of the group members complained about hearing TVs and conversations from adjoining rooms, but we did not have that problem. Our room and bathroom were clean, so no complaints there.
Hotel itself does have older, dated feel and needs refurbishing (painting, carpets, wallpaper). There are some little details around that tell you it used to be quite the hotel, kind of like an old lady wearing her elegant, but dated, finery. The conference rooms were large, so it was big enough for our group to spread out and have room to move about.
The restaurant on site was not able to offer any menu selection for our group for breakfast and lunch - whether that was policy or part of group arrangement, we don't know. The breakfast bar was fresh, but limited; and lunch selection was only pizza, which we cannot eat. There are a few places to eat close by, but we had to travel a mile or two for any real selection.
Staff was great, though. The desk people - all shifts - were so ready to help, and were just as pleasant as could be. I called ahead of time to request a refrigerator, and there was a small one in the room, which was adequate for us. Would have been nice, though, if it had been placed on a table of some sort - it was a little tough to get things in/out of the refrigerator without sitting on the floor in front of it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JMLMississippi

Reviewed March 3, 2010

My wife and I stayed last weekend and had a great time. When we checked in on Friday we found out they had entertainment in the lounge so we decided to just stay in for the night. We had dinner in the restaurant and stayed for the entertainment. We had a great time dancing and the couple who were performing were fantastic. By 10:00pm or so the place was packed by what appeared to be local couples coming to dance. We felt very welcomed and had a round of drinks bought for us from a gentleman we didn't even know. He bought a round for everyone. We really enjoyed our stay and will deffinately be back in the future.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StlJohn
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I just returned from spending a weekend at the Inn at Grand Glaize. I was optimistic as I entered the lobby area. It was fairly nice with a pretty view of the lake. However, my optimism faded once I got to my room. I got a standard room with a king size bed. The room was very small and it just felt.......old. Some attempts have been made to modernize with furniture. However, the furniture couldn't make up for the low ceiings, old walls, and small balcony. The balcony was concrete with a homemade railing and wire fencing that wasn't any better quality than chicken wire. There was barely enough room on the balcony for a small plastic chair. The lake view left a lot to be desired. The land between the hotel and lake needs to be cleaned up. It just looked unkempt. To the left you get a nice view of a trailer park.
There was a convention taking place while I was here. The people attending the convention were loud, and I got the impression that the Inn is probably quite the party place during the height of the summer.
On a positive note, the room was fairly clean. I didn't eat at any of the restaurants so I can't comment on those. I walked into one restaurant and the cigarette smell was so strong that I decided not to eat there.
Would I stay here again? Probably not.........I certainly wouldn't want to stay for more than a weekend. The rooms are just too claustrophobic for me.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
GlaizeGM, Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2010

In July and August the property has had new room carpet, outside painted, bathroom upgrades and basically cleaned up inside and out. Rooms are the same size anywhere at the lake unless you want a 2 room suite. We are constantly upgrading and hope anyone that has stayed here recently would write a review telling us how it went. I encourage good or bad as this helps me focus on areas to improve. May was a tough month with some water issues but those are fixed and all else is in good shape. I feel some folks think they are getting a 4 star property at $69-$79+ and then give a bad review. As much I would like to have this property at that level you could count on rates in the $140-150 range. We have done so much work here I encourage you to come back and see for yourself. We run back-to-back conventions as many love the fact we are the only property at the lake with rooms and space all under one roof. Our food quality has been complimented many times with groups and the public eating in our restaurant. It is a constant challenge to keep everything as I want it...but.... we are getting there with a great staff and many new staff that know what is expected from me.

Jeff Wohlt

Reviewed September 14, 2009

I can confirm everything, both good and bad, that has been written about this hotel. The staff is very friendly, the place needs maintenence, and it is a long walk back up the hill from the pool. The location is excellent. We got a jacuzzi room with a view of the lake, played pool in the game room, ate at the resturant, and rented a boat from the marina at the bottom of the hill. (marina is independent from the hotel) We found everything to be a good value for the money. If you are looking for a 5-star experience go somewhere else, but we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twilk3880
Reviewed September 12, 2009

My husband and I stayed 1 night $155. The receptionist was very helpful in finding us a special room on such short notice. We stayed on the 5th floor in the Master Suite. The elevator opened right in front of our door! It had a LARGE living room area, table with 4 chairs and a kitchenette area. It also had a walk out balcony. The couch was a sofa sleeper (didn't open it though).

The next room had a king size bed, with a vanity mirror area and a hall that led to a jetted tub, which was larger than most, and it had a really neat water spout, like a waterfall. There was a t.v. in there and you could dim the lights above. The bathroom was seperate, It was clean and the shower had two shower heads-one on each side, which saved us some time in the morning lol! The bedroom also had a balcony. There was a nice view of the lake, really pretty in the morning and night. Carpet was grey burber, saw no stains. Linens were clean, and the bed and pillows were comfortable. There was a good place to park the boat too. There is an outdoor pool, indoor hot tub, but no indoor pool (I know- bummer huh?) It was a great stay, I want to stay there again. :0)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I stayed at the Inn at Grand Glaize with a few friends in August 2009. The location is great -- located on a quiet cove with a nice view, and within a few minutes of the outlet malls and several restaurants. The pool was a nice feature also. It was within feet of a little bar and grill, which was convenient.

The hotel itself is in bad need of repair/updating/maintenance/TLC! The bed was uncomfortable and the bedding was gross. It most likely dates back 20-30 years. The hot tub/sauna room seemed like a good idea, but it was gross also. The walls in the bathrooms were covered in mold and tiles were falling off the wall. It appeared this entire room hadn't been cleaned in a long time. The bathroom at the pool had rusty walls, the floors were in terrible shape, and again -- just dirty.

A good cleaning, a fresh coat of paint and an upgrade on the beds would be a huge improvement for this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I really feel the need to write a review for this place based on the other not so great ones from others. We had a great time staying at the Grand Glaize Inn. It is a little older but it was clean and the price and location was wonderful! I feel that the people complaining about the needed updates were people who were expecting a 5 star hotel and at the price of the Inn at Grand Glaize it's not going to happen! If your looking for an affordable, clean place in the middle of everything then this is the place for you! If you want a luxuary vacation spot try the Four Seasons for double the price. As for the complaints about the partying, we saw nothing but families having a great time, there was even a family reunion being held there. The boat rental place just down below was great too! My only complaint is that the lobby did smell of cigarette smoke, so an updated filtration system could be used. Yes this place is a little older but we couldn't have asked for more, had a great time and plan on going back and staying at the Inn at Grand Glaize Inn!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Sleep Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks
Lodge of  Four Seasons
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 12 in Lake Ozark

Been to Inn At Grand Glaize? Share your experiences!