“Just average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Inn At Grand Glaize

You added Inn At Grand Glaize to your Saves list
Inn At Grand Glaize
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5142 Osage Beach Parkway, PO Box 969, Osage Beach, MO 65065   |
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
Kansas City
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We recently stayed overnight at Inn Grand Glaize with our small dog. The main purpose of our trip was to see how our dog would behave in a hotel (she did great) and the hotel staff did well by giving us a room at the end of the main corridor so there would not be a lot of traffic passing our door. The room was clean and the view was great overlooking the lake. The property however is a bit run down. I was concerned about the railing on the balcony (although it was nice to have a wired covering to prevent children/pets from falling) as the wood was rotting and a lot of the exteriors looked in tough shape. While we might stay there again if in the area (it's a good value), I would probably try to find a property that is better maintained. Also, the bathroom was extremely small and you could barely shut the door without hitting the toilet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Saint Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at Inn @ Grand Glaize in Osage Beach, MO recently for an R & R weekend to myself. I had stayed here years before and it was fabulous....not so much so now. The hotel was ok. It was clean but just left alot to be desired. The advertisement stated indoor pool - they have an outdoor pool but the indoor is not a pool..it's the whirlpool and sauna which was fine. There were alot of things that could be upgraded, chipped/cracked paint, hallway was a little musty. Housekeeping could have done a MUCH better job, They gave me fresh towels and emptied my trash cans, but they could have done better than "spread up" the bed..it was not really made up. And the hairdryer was on the sink with a big hole and hooks in the wall from where it was supposed to go. They do have a spa now which was nice and having a balcony was great to sit out on and enjoy the brisk lake night. The bed was comfortable...just a little old.

Room Tip: At least get a Lake View room so you can enjoy the beauty of the lake.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Raytown, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is our second visit to the Inn for our Missouri Police Canine Association in the last 4 years. We have found the staff to be excellent and was always helpful on any of our needs. The rooms were always clean and the view was great. The location is great for any of the attractions of the lake and the staff was helpful giving tips and directions. We always end our meeting with banquet this is some of the best food we have had. The food for breakfast or dinner is better than most hotels and reasonable priced. I know the owner is working on up grades and remodeling we seen much done since our first visit. We will back again. G. White President MPCA

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
GlaizeGM, General Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Gary, we really enjoyed your group here. I think it all worked out very well for all of the officers. Thank you for the kind comments. We hope to see you group back soon.
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I had the pleasure of traveling to this place to attend our family reunion Aug. 2 thru Aug. 5 this year, and I thoroughly enjoyed the stay. I would like to say that when you do a review please be fair. I was sorely apprehensive having read the negative reviews regarding this Inn but was really pleased to find many of them unfounded and others exaggerated and some were complaints against rude/unruly guest and their thoughtless littering. I say lets be fair.
I am a 62 year old Virgo wife, mother, grandmother, US Army veteran and former school teacher. I have stayed at a variety of facilities from roadside motels, military guesthouses, big chain hotels, resort destinations and cruise ships. I have learned to judge everything in accordance to its own merits. I know bad when I see it. I don't look for 5 star service and settings everywhere I go, I realize that comes at a cost. I do look for good service and clean proper accommondations . . . my moneys worth, wherever I go. I found just that at this property. Let us be fair. While the Inn at Grand Glaize is a seasoned pedigree I found it to be pleasant, clean and comfortable. No its decor is not all upgraded modern, neither was it shabby and tattered. The staff was polite, considerate, helpful and amiable. One of our young people lost his IPhone 4. One of the employees searched the grounds and the lake front in the dark for it. The next day it was returned to him. WOW
The difficulty of maintaining a positive countenance in the midst of complaining guests, rude/unruly patrons and negative uncontrollable circumstances is beyond definition.There are numerous things that require attention in the day to day business of the hospitality field and the least of these is dispensing good old fashion courtesy. I salute management and staff on their effiency, patience and cheerful attentions.
Let us be fair. When you submit a review think of the jobs this industry supplies and the people who need them. Was the employee intentionally rude and/or neglectful? If so report them to management, don't blame the entire staff. Consider the overall situation with compassion, as you would want someone to do for you. I witnessed an altercation between a person and his girlfriend, it was late and disturbing. Though it was no fault of theirs, the employees tactfully handled the situation and apologized for it.
Our family reunion coordinator and her crew were commended on the selection of this site for our event. As many rooms as we occupied, I heard not one complaint as to their cleanliness. The food was good and dancing and karaoke great! Not everyone has respect for older things, yet it is no reason to destroy them. Older people and old things are not to be discarded just because of their age. Let us be fair, don't take every opportunity to negatively impact any situation. I say they don't make anything like they used to and that uncludes people. My Granny says treat others as you wish to be treated. Be fair.
This is my first review and I felt compelled to list it in light of the others I have read. I will be listing others in the future.

Room Tip: The lake side rooms provided a picturesque view and was very serene.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KaceyP
GlaizeGM, General Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for the nice response. I do remember your group here and the phone issue. I am just glad our staff found it....in the dark!
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Wish we could have followed the advice on here, but it was short notice and this was the only other low cost option left. The air conditioner was not cooling beyond 78 degrees. Mattress was hard as a rock.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for your response. As far as outdated, I would have to know specifics on your room but musty is more like humid... because of the large hot tube and sauna and that is on the 1st floor. But it can end up a bit humid on 2nd floor as well. I have installed a dehumidifier on 1st floor to eliminate some of the humidity and working on an air exchange unit that can pull that steam out. I do appreciate you comments...good or bad!

Travelers are raving about these Osage Beach hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The pictures are deceiving. This place is in need of upgrade or at least a deep cleaning. Entrance was dirty and the outdoor lights were full of dead bugs. The public area areas in the lobby are OK but the hallways are crumbling and dirty. The event rooms and hallways below the lobby were musty and smelly. The guest room was mostly clean and the A/C worked very well. The water was hot and the TV worked. The steep wooden stairs from the hotel to the pool and back need to be replaced because they are dangerous and dimly lit. If this were a $50 room I wouldn't even bother to post a review but I paid about $80. If this hotel was bought by an investor and completely renovated it would bring a once beaytiful property back to life.

Room Tip: Careful when navigatiing the outdoor stairs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
GlaizeGM, General Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I certainly apologize for any issues you had here. After this crazy busy summer we are currently deep cleaning all rooms. This includes carpet, walls, hallways, etc. Hard to do when you are running full all summer and need the rooms. Also rooms are being painted. The crumbling corners are from bell carts banging in to them... which have new guards on them now. This is nice property and continues to become nicer and nicer. I am putting everything I can in to it and rooms are the priority. I do not think the pictures are misleading at all. As I mentioned in other responses. I am having new pcitures put up on this site that will have the date imprinted on the photo so people can see we are not misleading people. We have thousands that love our location and property but few respond...usually on negatives which is common in any industry. We are also designating certainly floors for Pet and smoking and this is an issue but we love to have the family pets here. Thank you for your response...I do appreciate any input good or bad because it gives me what I need to continue putting money in to the property.
Powder Springs, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Visited a couple weeknds ago, I really enjoyed myself. The rooms are a little out of date but were clean and you can tell they are working on doing updates to the rooms. We didnt have the best view of the at first but went to the lobby and they had no problem moving us to another room. The staff was very friendly, loved the poolside bartender (AMY) she was the best, manager was also very warming. I would stay again for sure. It is a walk up the steep hill back from the lake to the resort but if your really nice they will provide a ride on the golf cart. I loved the staff they really made a difference in the trip. Thanks Georgia Girl

Room Tip: lake view would be the best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
GlaizeGM, General Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments. We appreciate you staying with us and welcome you back anytime.

Cordially,

Lodge of  Four Seasons
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark
3.5 of 5 stars 905 reviews

Been to Inn At Grand Glaize? Share your experiences!