“Needs a Deep Cleaning”

Inn At Grand Glaize
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Osage Beach
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The pictures are deceiving. This place is in need of upgrade or at least a deep cleaning. Entrance was dirty and the outdoor lights were full of dead bugs. The public area areas in the lobby are OK but the hallways are crumbling and dirty. The event rooms and hallways below the lobby were musty and smelly. The guest room was mostly clean and the A/C worked very well. The water was hot and the TV worked. The steep wooden stairs from the hotel to the pool and back need to be replaced because they are dangerous and dimly lit. If this were a $50 room I wouldn't even bother to post a review but I paid about $80. If this hotel was bought by an investor and completely renovated it would bring a once beaytiful property back to life.

Room Tip: Careful when navigatiing the outdoor stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
GlaizeGM, General Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

I certainly apologize for any issues you had here. After this crazy busy summer we are currently deep cleaning all rooms. This includes carpet, walls, hallways, etc. Hard to do when you are running full all summer and need the rooms. Also rooms are being painted. The crumbling corners are from bell carts banging in to them... which have new guards on them now. This is nice property and continues to become nicer and nicer. I am putting everything I can in to it and rooms are the priority. I do not think the pictures are misleading at all. As I mentioned in other responses. I am having new pcitures put up on this site that will have the date imprinted on the photo so people can see we are not misleading people. We have thousands that love our location and property but few respond...usually on negatives which is common in any industry. We are also designating certainly floors for Pet and smoking and this is an issue but we love to have the family pets here. Thank you for your response...I do appreciate any input good or bad because it gives me what I need to continue putting money in to the property.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Visited a couple weeknds ago, I really enjoyed myself. The rooms are a little out of date but were clean and you can tell they are working on doing updates to the rooms. We didnt have the best view of the at first but went to the lobby and they had no problem moving us to another room. The staff was very friendly, loved the poolside bartender (AMY) she was the best, manager was also very warming. I would stay again for sure. It is a walk up the steep hill back from the lake to the resort but if your really nice they will provide a ride on the golf cart. I loved the staff they really made a difference in the trip. Thanks Georgia Girl

Room Tip: lake view would be the best.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
GlaizeGM, General Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for the nice comments. We appreciate you staying with us and welcome you back anytime.

Cordially,

Jeff Wohlt

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My friend and I (two 20 year old girls) went here for a weekend trip. (wed. july 25th-sat. july 28th). The hotel staff was friendly. The hotel and room was clean, definitely a little old, but it was still fine. There is a spa in the hotel, that was nice. We both got massages and facials. There were some down sides though. No free breakfast (however there was a lounge/bar where you could buy breakfast, lunch or dinner). One big downside for us was that their was no microwave or fridge in our room...leaving us pretty much the only option to eat out every day. Our room smelt fine, but the halls, yeah they smelt funny. Also, a student conference checked in on Friday, leaving the last two days for us there not as nice as the first two. The pool was always packed at all times of the day. (we went to the state park that had a public beach...it was less than a mile away) The hotel was extremely crowded, although like I said it could just have been from the conference they were holding. The pool was suppose to close at 10pm....however there were kids down there partying at all hours of the night. We did not bother to call the front desk because we were up anyways, but this might bother some people. The walk to the pool was a little long, did not enjoy that. The location of the hotel was GREAT. Probably the best thing about the hotel. Within ten minutes drive from the strip, the outlet mall, a ton of restaurants. I would agree that the pictures on the website look better than the hotel itself, but this would be a great stay for teens/college students looking for somewhere to stay for a weekend or to party. I would not recommend this hotel for adults going on vacation, or for family vacations. Not the best place I've stayed, nor the worst, but not near as bad as a lot of these reviews are making it out to be. great place to stay if you are on a budget! Also, beds were comfy!

Room Tip: 5th floor had best view.
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My 81 yo Father and i (age 50) just recently stayed at the Inn at Grand Glaize...here are 'our' thoughts...first of all if you plan to stay there take your own soap and shampoo as their soap doesn't clean but it does leave a film all over your body...and the shampoo is horrid. The rooms were nice; air conditioned and all the tv channels ones could ever ask for. Although the shower would be difficult to get in if you had ADA siutaitons.

Room Tip: Bring your walking shoes...it is like a 5 level walk to pool. Dont pay difference for Lake View as y...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
GlaizeGM, General Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Yes, those stairs can be a real doozy! I do offer shuttle serice on request. I do remember you and your Father and took you to the pool in my personal car. As far as shamppo and soap, this is the first comment I have ever seen on this but I am always willing to consider other types.

Thank you for your response. I always try to address any issues I can so this is one I can consider on changing products. We want our guest to feel they got a good value and have a wonderful time while here.

Cordially,

Jeff Wohlt

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at the Inn at Grand Glaize last week, and really enjoyed my stay there. It is not the most fancy resort you can find in Osage Beach, but for the money i spent there, i was really pleseantly pleased. They do have a lounge in the hotel which we did some kareoke on Friday night (crowd was small, but still fun), and was able to get a wide array of drinks at the bar. They have a smaller pool, but do offer pool side refreshements as well, and only a short walk down to the Marina.

The rooms were pretty outdated. Some of the rooms had a smokey odor to them, but function-wise, there was nothing wrong with the rooms.

But take this review in Context, for $100 a night, it was a nice getaway for me being on a budget. If I had to pay $150 a night for it, i would have been disappointed. I enjoyed the staff for the most part, enjoyed the lounge and restaurant, and had a comfortable sleep. While i spent most of the days on the lake, What more can you ask for when you are down in the Ozarks?

2  Thank HuskerFan2009
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We recently stayed at the Inn on a Saturday night. We went parasailing that day(which I suggest) and then went to check in at 4:00. The location was wonderful and close to everything. We were pleased with the staff and the service. And the parlor suite was spectacular! The Jacuzzi was a perfect addition. We got the romantic package(which was a little pricey) but overall it was a great experience. They brought wine and delicious chocolate Strawberries to our room. And dinner and breakfast was included. The only complaint I had was with dinner. It seemed like they were out of everything we wanted. Breakfast however, was great. The view from our room was lovely. And the woman who worked at the poolside bar was a great help. All and all, we had a great night at the Inn at Grand Glaize. We hope to return soon :)

• Stayed: June 2012
GlaizeGM, General Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for the kind response. We appreciate you coming down and having a good time. We try to be a fun resort with a good location at a decent value.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family rented a condo at the Hawks View Condos, which are next to the Inn. Our rental included use of the pool, which I'm reviewing here. We were on vacation with two young children and felt over run by large, parting crowds. It appeared like a fraternity of about 30-40 young men were staying at the inn. I totally understand that lots of people come to the lake to party, but we were surprised to find them at what we thought was a family rental facility.

The worst part was when my entire family was woken up at 3:45am to loud, drunken voices singing/shouting at the pool. I called the desk and was told "they would see if they could get them quiet". About 30 min later, the singing stopped at the pool, but loud noise and partying continued at the docks.

• Stayed: July 2012