“will never stay there again!”

Inn At Grand Glaize
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
Arnold, Missouri
“will never stay there again!”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I booked online and was looking for a hotel that allowed pets as we have two small dogs and the kennel was closed until the next day. We arrived at 10:30pm. There were beer cans everywhere outside a man throwing up outside and load music in the lobby. Red flag but my 3 children were tired and wanted to go to bed. We must have been put in a "dog" room on the second floor. The room smelled of dog and there was a big D written on the inside of the comforter. I assumed it meant dog. The toliet clogged ater 2 flushes but we went to bed. We were awoke to yelling and people running outside our room in the we hours of the morning and then a knock at the door! I was scared to death! I didnt answer the door! We had to be up early in the morning and dropped our dogs off at the overnight kennel there was beer cans everywhere
we left and didnt return until 10pm . Again in the we hours running and yelling up and down the halls! We are not complainers and we too tired. The next morning we left and checked out the clerk ask if "we were the ones who called about the barking dog?and he had to take care of business late night!" ok not worth the $89.00 we paid a night! room was old and run down and smelled and was damp!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GlaizeGM, General Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Thank you for your input. I will inform you that Aquapalooza across the street at Dog Days Water Bar and Grill was going on so we did have plenty of people attending that event. I get a report everyday and never read anything about someone throwing up but I can understand it if there was....too drunk or just sick...it happens. Our guests come here to have FUN...it is not our intention to be a stuffy hotel and tell our guests how to enjoy their hard earned vacation. I did have security from 11 p.m.- 3 a.m.

As far as the pets...we pride ourselves on allowing pets and obviously that was one of your criteria as well but there are rules that should be maintained. IF a dog is barking and disturbs another guest then my policy is to charge that room of the barking dog for your room cost that night.

As far as front office staff....we pride ourselves on front office and get nothing but compliments on their perfromance.

We can't please all people ALL the time but for a resort that does massive transient rooms we still do a great job maintaining many of the people that try to get out of hand. Our location and staff bring people back many times. We are the only full service resort this close to everything and the water.

I do apologize for your issues and WILL look in to them. Also we generally put our pet lovers on the lower floors to try and keep them away from other guests that pefer NOT to deal with it...which is the majority....we know many of the owners do NOT kennel their dogs in a room like the policy says and tend to take the side of the animals when something happens to the room.

These forums are a great tool but generally they are more of a "gripe session." People look for different amenities in a resort and we fill 90% of that with happy guests and repeat customers. Obviously you were not part of that 90% and are looking for a different experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We only stayed here for one night, but we found the resort to be nice and clean. If you are looking for a modern & updated resort, you won't be happy here. If you want a clean resort with a great view of the lake, friendly staff, and good prices, you'll love it!

Pros:

*Clean rooms with beds that feature the double sheet method. Not familiar with the double sheet method? It is where you have a flat sheet below and above the blanket on the bed. Essential giving you a clean barrier. I will only stay at hotels/resorts that use this method.

*Great view!

*Nice pool

*Reasonable prices

*Good location

Cons:

*Needs to be updated, but that isn't a deal breaker.

*Our balcony had a bit of a wasp problem, so we couldn't use it during the day, but it had a great view at night!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DeletingAccount123
East Saint Louis, Illinois
Reviewed May 3, 2011

This place was horrible. It was damp, and smelly. The front desk staff were rude, and they don't have enough housekeepers to take care of the rooms. How does a hotel run out of clean towels? The game room was a joke and I would not have let an animal use it for a litter box. The owners need to fire the staff, and remodel from top to bottom using better materials than just the cheapest. The maids were nice but overworked. They should get a chance to stay its not their fault that the place is a dump. I will never stay at the inn again even it was for free.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Are you sure you are not one the the employees I fired? I think you must have turned in the wrong drive and stayed next door. I will be putting pictures up soon DATED so the rest of you can see what is going on and false responses are just that. I have one of the best staffs at the lake...period!! I train my staff not to put up with crude or rude customers...sorry you saw that side of them.

I would invite you back down on a complimentary basis to make sure you found the right hotel but nevermind.

We always make it right if a guest complains or is not happy.

Travelers are raving about these Osage Beach hotels

Litchfield, Illinois
Reviewed March 17, 2011

This hotel is in desperate need of repair and updating. Lacked enough electrical outlets in the room, and those that were available were overloaded. Fridge in room did not work - took over 24 hours and 3 phone calls to get it replaced. Room had balcony but would not have felt safe walking onto it, plus screen door kept coming off the track. Screws had been installed to prevent turning water in tub/shower too far on the hot setting, but because it wouldn't go past that setting, we had cold showers both mornings. Unless coming for a conference, go elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank notcarla
O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I stay here 4 times a year and have done so for the last 4 years. The service is great, The hotel is clean. There are constant inprovements being made. The price is very resonable. I would suggest a stay here to any one who would like a quiet peaceful stay
Sheldon Hartsfield
Convention Chairman
American Veterans, Department of
Missouri.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Valley Park, Missouri
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Great veiw of lake, shopping is super great a lot of outlets,water sports are super. gary adams

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Festus, Missouri
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Def. not remodeled. Old, smelly. Toilet had hair all over it, bed covers very worn. Mascara on my pillowcase. Ceiling looked like it could fall any minute. The bed was as hard as the floor, barely slept all night. When we entered our room the smell was so bad that my husband sprayed his cologne trying to cover it up. Outlet covers were missing. One room in our group had a t.v. that did not work, another the shower only trickled water and they had to use a cup to try and wash early in the a.m. Our tub was also dirty looking and the faucet rusty. Another room in our group had a huge stain right in the middle of the carpet that needed to be cleaned. I do not recommend nor will we stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
GlaizeGM, General Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, February 11, 2011
Of the thousands and thousands of happy guests that stay here every year I am very concerned with your stay and comments. Any guest that is not happy with a room is always welcome to come to the desk and ask to be moved. Did you do that? Did you even let us know there were issues? I get the reports and saw nothing on this. Generally if someone has an issue we handle it here and move them or ask what we can do. Many folks just air their issues on forums like this instead. We know that the majority of the guests that have a wonderful time never write anything...but the ones that do...we thank you very much! This hotel is in very good shape and just getting better and better. I would like to know which room you had so I can check it myself. I can assure anyone that visits us will enjoy their stay and enjoy our guest rooms. This is the best view on the lake with great food and excellent customer service. I wrote you a note trying to find out what room you were in but no response to date. For the rest of you, don't let a few folks that make comments stop you from checking out what we have done. I am always here and ready to make it right ANYTIME there is an issue...probably more so than most places.