Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
Inn At Grand Glaize(Osage Beach)
$75
$59
LakeHouse Hotel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotels.com
Baymont Inn & Suites Osage Beach(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
$109
$73
$69
  • Breakfast included
$80
Town & Country Motel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
$81
$71
$78
$74
Scottish Inns Motel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
$70
$65
Travelocity
Osage Village Inn(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
$69
$119
All reviewsburger kingwater parkbowling alleyblack bear restauranttan tar a resorthorseback ridingblack beansresort complexfood courtfitness centerbuilding cnice resorttan taratimber fallsspring breaklabor day weekendview of the lake
Reviewed April 3, 2014

One bedroom king suite in the Estates with "lake view" was a complete disappointment.
Room has 1 window, facing a wall and stairs!!! not joking, 1 window. Bedroom - no window, bathroom - no window, kitchenette - no window. feels like you're in a basement cheapy apartment. There is a small shared deck with the neighbor that would look out at a small inlet of water for someone's dock (not really the lake view), but even this little bit of a view of the water is completely blocked by a tree. The carpet in the room is visibly quite dirty, and I think is the root of the disgusting smell in the room. Of course, since there is only 1 window in the suite (and it does not open) I was completely unable to air out the room unless I wanted to sleep with the door open.
Room outdated, generally unclean, really cheap looking... everything. Absolutely WAY overpriced. Staff unhelpful and misleading (I was told these rooms in the Estates are actually nicer?!?! than the Resort). Yikes!
I had to drive over to the resort daily in order to attend my conference. May as well have stayed someplace nicer for less. It's not like I could see the lake from the room anyway... Why bother staying there? Real disappointment.
I would not waste my money here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Happy-Hobo-in-a-box
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Happy-Hobo-in-a-box,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with your suite. Our Estates Complex suites are all unique, however, requited to follow certain standards. Your concerns in regards to the cleanliness have all been addressed to the appropriate parties
When your travels bring you back to the Lake of the Ozarks, I hope you will consider returning to Tan-Tar-A to allow us the opportunity of regaining your complete confidence in our resort. If you make a future reservation, I welcome you to reach out to me at 1-800-826-8272.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2014

They were remodeling...... That information was left out at time of making reservations. The escalator to elevator was out of service. Lugging suitcases up a flight of stairs was not convenient. Check in staff were very kind and made it easy.
Room was very outdated. Bed was ummmmmm lumpy?! Carpet was not the best shape, bathroom was not clean and thank goodness my time was spent away from the resort.
Would I recommend? Hard to say renovations would be a big plus. I think that it would be better to tear it down and start from ground up.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view and room away from elevators or the grind will keep you up!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear mzzlol,

Thank you for review and recent stay. While we are delighted to hear that our front desk staff was kind and efficient at check-in, we are truly sorry that you did not have a memorable experience with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as a guest and regain your confidence. Please feel to reach out to me at 1-800-826-8272 if you make a future reservation.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This review is for the resort as a whole. Our actual hotel room was lovely. It was remodeled with super comfy needs and a stunning view.

The hotel scared me. We were there for an archery tournament. The layout is bizarre. The buildings seem to be added on randomly without any foresight or plan. The signage was obviously written by people with hidden cameras so they could laugh at you as you tried to get from place to place. We had to walk outside and up a steep hill to get to the indoor swimming pool. There was so much chlorine in the air that none of the parents could hold a conversation because we were all fairly convinced our eyes were bleeding.

The long hallways in the main building truly were reminiscent of the Shining. The common areas in the building were outdated and both my husband and I were checking for emergency exits everywhere we went because we were fearful it would burst into flames.

We ate at the on site Burger King. It was expensive and beyond nasty.

If I were writing this review of our room in general, our room was lovely.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank wissaw
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Wissaw,

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience at Tan-Tar-A Resort. Although we’re pleased to hear that your accommodations were comfortable and you enjoyed the view, we wish you had enjoyed more aspects of your stay as equally. We strive to exceed all guests’ expectations and we apologize we fell short in that regard. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us as they will help us to better our property for the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This resort is super outdated and the first room they put us in was disgusting! And it stunk! They moved us to a more "updated" room which was better... but overall, I don't think we will be back. The whole resort needs a complete overhaul. If this was my first time at the lake, I would have been very disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Austin M

Dear Austin M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We apologize that our accommodations did not meet your expectations. In 2012, Driftwood Hospitality Management was appointed as the new management team for the resort with plans for the resort that include projects to enhance and improve the guestrooms and other areas of the resort. Currently, we are in the process of renovating the resort’s main building (Building A). It’s our hope that you’ll give us another chance. Please feel free to reach out to me if you make a future reservation. We have several different room types and I’m sure we can find one that best meets your needs (with a beautiful view of the water too!).

At your service,

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

My stay was nice. I had a lakeview suite room. The hotel was undergoing remodeling in some areas, but I could not hear this from my room. The room I was in was dated, and could use some deep cleaning/tlc. The staff was friendly and the views were amazing. I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Chestersmomma,

There’s no better way to stay at Tan-Tar-A than with a beautiful view of the Lake! Thank you for your kind review and we’re looking forward to seeing you again.

Warm regards,