My girlfriend and I booked a weekend to enjoy the fall weather. I received a Living Social deal for Tan-Tar-A and thought I would give it a shot. Upon arriving we were upgraded to a lake-view room. The room was located right on the water and had a wonderful view.
The review of our stay is mixed. We went with an open mind; knowing that this was an older resort and was probably a little dated. It was dated, it has sort of a mid 80s Overlook Hotel (from the Shining) vibe to it. The most important aspect of our stay was that the room was clean. At least as clean as the staff are capable of keeping it. The carpet is old and pretty gross and the bed spreads really need to be updated; in other words the rooms need a remodel.
The best part of this resort is outdoors. The grounds are well kept and the views are great. I read in other reviews that people were unhappy with the number of stairs and accessability in general. If you have an issue with steep inclines, stairs, etc., this is not your place. Not an issue for me.
The worst part of the resort is the food; terrible. Way over priced and just plain bad. I know that this is the lake area and dining options aren't that great but skip the on-site places and venture out about 10 minutes and you can find far better options at much better prices. The breakfast (buffet) was literally the worst I have ever had. Seriously, the coffee was bad; how do you make bad coffee these days?
The staff was helpful and courteous, no complaints.
Another minor issue was the resort fee; wifi, local calls, faxes (really?), coffee machine, frig, newspaper,etc. These things should be included; any decent hotel offers this stuff at no additional charge.
In summary, we had a great time at the area parks and spending time outdoors so we didn't spend that much time in the room or at the resort but overall had a pleasant stay. Just feel that you could probably get more bang for your buck elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Tan-Tar-A Resort, we provide guests endless excitement with an abundance of year round recreational activities in a casual and relaxed resort setting with an experienced team of friendly staff. Conveniently located on the shores of the Lake of the Ozarks in Central Missouri,Tan-Tar-A Resort offers a great value for families, couples, and conference attendees with:- Exciting water adventures including wave runners, and ski, pontoon & paddle boat rentals- Wet, wild indoor family fun at Timber Falls Indoor Waterpark- 27 holes of championship golf with tree-lined fairways, rolling hills and breathtaking vistas of the Lake of the Ozarks- The "Bears Den" Arcade, guided horseback trail rides, miniature golf, a bowling alley and two outdoor tennis courts provide guests of all ages a variety of fun experiences- Seasonal supervised fun for kids ages 4-12 at "Kids Kabin" and "Camp Tan-Tar-A". While the adults are golfing or enjoying a romantic day at the spa, the kids can have the times of their lives with a variety of affordable fun activities2- Windjammer Spa and Salon is the place to spend a day nourishing your body and soul in an intimate, relaxed setting- 9 restaurants & lounges available to suit every palate and pocketbook, from hardy casual Ozark favorites to lakeside dining- Over 90,000 square feet of customizable indoor meeting space with 30 meeting rooms,as well as multiple scenic outdoor venues- Experienced, down-to-earth conference planning team offering solutions to unique group events- Personalized, custom wedding services, down to the last detail ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina And Indoor Waterpark
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Osage Beach
- Osage Beach Tan Tar a Resort
- Tan Tara Resort
- Tan Tar Hotel Osage Beach
- Tan Tar Resort Osage Beach
- Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Lake Of The Ozarks/Osage Beach, MO