Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
Inn At Grand Glaize(Osage Beach)
$75
$59
LakeHouse Hotel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotels.com
Baymont Inn & Suites Osage Beach(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
$109
$73
$69
  • Breakfast included
$80
Town & Country Motel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
$81
$71
$78
$74
Scottish Inns Motel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
$70
$65
Orbitz.com
Osage Village Inn(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
$69
$119
All reviewsburger kingwater parkbowling alleyblack bear restauranttan tar a resorthorseback ridingblack beansresort complexfood courtfitness centerbuilding cnice resorttan taratimber fallsspring breaklabor day weekendview of the lake
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This trip was for business and family time. I took a school cheer team, many families and my own family. The only bad comments I heard were 1. some rooms (very few) had bad views - like a brick wall 2. there are many hills on property & 3. little cell phone service in some rooms
They offer too many amenities to list. We did boat rental, bowling, visited all the shops and food locations, horseback ride and pools. I personally did not attend waterpark but many did. The waterpark is an extra charge $$$$ and I say not worth it!
The outlets, hospital (we had a hospital run), many restaurants and other attractions, including state park with beach and trails - all within a 10m drive.
We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights! We would've extended if we had the time!
Best feature is their customer service, housekeeping and administration which was exceptional.
Worth the trip and very reasonable rates!

Room Tip: Make sure to request Main Lodge.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Tan-Tara is a very cool place but it needs a huge renovation! There is a lot to do without having to leave the property but for guests it is still a little pricy. For the price that you pay for a room per night and all of the resort fees on top of that there should be an inclusion of activities. Our room was cosmetically fine but my kids feet kept getting dirty even after baths. I figured out it was the floor. I understand conserving water and not wanting to wash the sheets everyday but I had a hard time getting them to even make our beds. At one point we had to get our own towels and empty or own trash. One day it rained and there were leaks all throughout the hallways. we had a great time while we stayed there and the kids had a blast so I guess that is what matters the most but until they do a major Reno I don't think that we will return.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Hollandsplus2
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Hollandsplus2,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our resort. We are glad that you had a great time with your family. However, we are disappointed to read about your dissatisfaction with the housekeeping service during you stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We provide a daily tidy service for our guests that includes making the beds, changing the towels, removing the trash and some basic tidy services. I have spoken with my staff regarding this matter.
In 2012 Driftwod Hospitality Management LLC was appointed as the new management team for the resort with plans for the resort that include projects to enhance and improve the guestrooms and other areas of the resort. We are looking forward to beginning room renovations soon. Thank you again and we hope to get another opportunity to serve you so you can see our improvements.

Warmest regards,
Dianne S.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Let me start with the basic positives first...My children had a great time at the nice pool area. The 4th of July fireworks show was well-done. The resort room was nice and having easy access to things in the building with children was ideal. We also stayed in an Estates apartment over-looking the lake. We had no complaints about the quality of anything. There was one negative thing that we experienced, and I think everyone should be aware of this before booking. I booked 2 nights in the resort, because we wanted to be able to take our 8 year old around inside the hotel while our 2 year old napped. We specifically did not want an estate apartment because we would have to shuttle back and forth. When we got there we were told we would be in the estates because the rooms were not "guaranteed". None of the kids working the counter could tell me why, if I sign up for something specific, I get something else--it just wasn't "guaranteed". This pretty much ruined our first day there because I was so angry by this, and also having to shuttle back and forth. I looked on-line and discovered that there is a "guarantee location" box to check if you don't want this to happen to you--the options below that don't matter. For that weekend they were charging about $40 more a night for a "guarantee", and in general it looks like this fee could range anywhere from approximately $10 to $50. Basically it's a money grab by them, and if they haven't gotten enough "guaranteed" buyers when you check in then you're in luck. After enough complaining they did put us in the hotel for the second night. Though we would go again, I refuse to until this practice is stopped.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris T
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We purchased 2 Groupons to stay here for 2 nights in 2 rooms and got a really good deal. I would have given 5 stars, but we ran into a little bit of trouble. When we arrived, the front desk had us down for only 1 room when we had purchased 2 rooms. After a bit of discussion, they finally figured out what was going on....Thank goodness!

The rooms were comfortable and had a mini-fridge. I asked for a microwave, but the front desk said it would be an extra $10/night...we didn't need one that bad and skipped the microwave.

In the mornings my husband and I got our coffee and walked down to the fishing dock and enjoyed the peace and quiet before the our kids and grandkids woke up. The kids really enjoyed the many choices of swimming pools. Some indoor, some outdoor. We enjoyed the shops and the variety of restaurants from Buger King to a nice sit down dinner. We also hit the Premium Outlet mall at Osage Beach.

I would take my family here again for a vacation. We stayed in the building right across from where you check in. I believe it might have been one of the newer buildings.

Room Tip: We stayed in the building right across from where you check in. I believe it might have been one of the newer buildings.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for a conference 4 nights the week after the 4th. Hadn't been in several years. Upgraded room to a 1 br suite cabin at the resort complex by the lake. Worth the $$. View wonderful. Rooms need some updated but was comfortable. Right on the point 20 feet from lake. Will be back next year. Hopefully a little TLC has been done.

• Stayed: July 2013