“Enjoyable stay at Tan-Tar-A”

Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at this resort for convention in January. The room was comfortable and clean. The Black Bear Lodge was a good place to eat. There is a Burger King and a Pizza joint for the kids. The game room and bowling alley were a highlight for the kids. There is an indoor water park that I didn't go to on this trip.

1  Thank cford624
Tantara_Resort2012, Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Hello Cford624. Thank you for your very thoughtful review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take part in many of our or amenities we offer. We look forward to welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was at Tan-Tar-A for a business meeting. Typically, I dread these meetings, having stayed in many a small cramped room. I had a large room, but what impressed me the most (having traveled often) is that there was not any "hidden" dirt/mold etc., no peeling wall paper, no offensive smells -- in the rooms or hallways or conference areas. I have asthma so I am particulary keen on what can set off my asthma. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. The meals (2 breakfasts and 1 lunch for the meeting) were healty and with great choices, and they were able to feed 300 without a glitch. I highly recommend Tan-Tar-A for business functions. I cannot comment on the other accomodations (pool etc) because I was working all of the time and had no time for play.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with one king sized bed.
1  Thank minesafety
Tantara_Resort2012, Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit. We are delighted you found your stay enjoyable and certainly hope that if your travels bring you back to the Lake area, you will once again allow us the opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have you seen Dirty Dancing? That's what Tan Tar A reminds me of. There are cabins, a lodge, several restaurants (most closed during the "off season.") I've stayed here 4 times, usually in the main lodge, but this time in the tower. The tower is much newer and a little nicer. The property is beautiful, situated right on the Lake of the Ozarks, and one can walk around the lake. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Take a room in the tower or ask about a room in the estates.
1  Thank RickyMM
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Tantara for NYE 2012/13. The party package we purchased included the party, dinner, and the hotel stay. The room was large with a great balcony overlooking the lake and marina. The party was great fun and the staff were courteous and helpful. The hotel needs to update the rooms. The black bear restaurant was pretty good and had a reasonable breakfast Buffet. A very nice resort in the ozarks that needs some money pumped back into it.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank rashot
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here to attend a conference for work and had a nice time. I loved my room, it was big and clean and had a great lake view. I enjoyed my food at the Black Bear Lodge and look forward to returning!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed in building C and it must not be used much. Heat wasn't on, cobwebs all over, smoke detector chirping, and my closet doors kept falling off. I will give them credit maintenance got there quick and did repairs.

It's holiday time, they charge big $$, the decorations looked old and cheap. I figured the place would be decorated beautifully to the extreme. Sadly, half the outside lights were blown out, the main tree was big and magestic but the decorations looked like the cheap walmart ones.

I was there for a big conference and was shocked the coffee shop Java Lakes didn't even open during our stay. Pretty disappointed.

Conference rooms were freezing, and escalator was sounding sickly.

It's a shame such a beautiful old resort is looking so tired, ecspecially since there is so much competition in this area.

Room Tip: water park is hit and miss this time of year...there seems to be such nice resorts in this area more...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Farmergidget
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've gone to TanTara four years in a row and I love it there. The first year, though, I got a room with a malfunctioning air conditioner. I had to wait an hour for them to come to check it out. As it turns out, the unit had never been cleaned and it took him a while to clean it and fix it. So...it wasted a lot of my vacation time dealing with that.
I've only gone to the spa one year. I had a salt-scrub massage, a facial and a mineral bath. It was delightful and relaxing. I loved it.
The next three years, I've gotten a lake-view room with a balcony and had no issues at all. Beautiful room, comfy bed. Refrigerators in each of the rooms I've had; coffeemaker, too. I really like my annual trip to Tantara.

Room Tip: Ask for lakeside with a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
#2 of 12 in Lake Ozark
Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 12 in Lake Ozark

Been to Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!