Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Average 3/5
Ozark Inn & Suites(Osage Beach)
Great 4.5/5
Scottish Inns Motel(Osage Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Lone Oak Point Resort(Sunrise Beach)
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Lakeview Resort(Sunrise Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Inn At Grand Glaize(Osage Beach)
Average 3/5
Robin's Resort(Osage Beach)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsburger kingwater parkbowling alleyblack bear restauranttan tar a resorthorseback ridingblack beansresort complexfood courtfitness centerbuilding cnice resorttan taratimber fallsspring breaklabor day weekendview of the lake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We have stayed at this resort many times and our kids have loved coming for a family get away and my husband and I have also enjoyed romantic get aways as well there. So much to do here. The staff are always so courteous and helpful. This destination is truly a resort and a vacation in its self.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Tantara_Resort2012, Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments. We hope you will visit us during your future stays at Lake of the Ozarks and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We really enjoyed our weekend at Tan-Tar-A. It was during the winter months so there weren't quite as many things to do, but it was a great getaway for a couple. We used the gym, pool, restaurants, and convention facilities. The Bear Restaurant was above average and the prices were reasonable for a vacation location. The gym was clean and had a nice view of the lake. Above all, the service was outstanding. All of the staff from the front desk to the personnel working in the stores were willing to do whatever it took to make our stay positive. Our room was nice, clean and the beds were average. We would definitely stay at Tan-Tar-A again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Having stayed at this resort multiple times, I cringe every time I hear that I must attend a conference here.

The entire resort is built to hug the hills and coastline of Lake of the Ozarks. This means that almost every place involves an uphill climb. Parking is also nearly impossible without a hundred yard hike back and forth between rooms.

Once we arrived, I found out that my room was in a separate building, so we followed the resort map and entered the building door marked with our room series. Wrong Door. We kept following the signs through most of the building, always taunting us and implying that our room was just around the corner. Once we reached the other end of the building, the signs pointed UP. Really? Even in the buildings?

Now this resort has been around for several decades, but they've obviously never heard of installing elevators in buildings that have more than four floors. As a diabetic, by the time I hauled all of my luggage up six flights of stairs to my room, I felt pretty weak and hollow.

The room was typical hotel fair, even though the going rate is almost $300 per night. But close inspection revealed an aging resort, with patched up mistakes instead of new replacements. The tub, for instance looked dirty and stained, but was merely pained over where the porcelain had chipped away.

While old, however, the room seemed clean enough, but I kept thinking of the price they asked for a one night stay... definitely not luxury level.

What was really strange, however, was that everything shut down around 8 pm. In a resort? No pizza, no bar.... nothing. Everything was closed. We jumped in our car and went looking for a bite to eat, but could find absolutely nothing except a gas station that sold old pizza.

This is a dying resort in a dead town. But if you like rock climbing, backpacking, and mountain hiking... Tan-Tar-A should give you an adequate workout. Just don't forget to pack a few energy bars.

Room Tip: Just don't go there. Pack light if you do and be prepared to hike and climb to your room. Don't expect elevators in any building except the main building.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank etherius
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This has been a good resort over the past 30 years. It is need of some serious renovation. Rooms are starting to look old. Need to have more family friendly places to eat.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I concur with many of the reviews on this site. The resort, while nestled in a beautiful area (A+ for the surroundings), is outdated in both the rooms and the main resort building. My room had some minor cosmetic issues (wallpaper peeling, a chandelier light fixture that looks like it was purchased in 1980), but my room was clean and the bed was comfy. Old style tube TV, plus in-room fridge, mini coffeemaker, pullout couch, table, chairs, and bed was in the room.

There are many hills and stairways that will give you a bit of a workout as you are on the grounds.

There is a Sbarro pizza place, Burger King, and a couple of restaurants on site. Pricing is typical of resort pricing, a tad higher than usual, but I enjoyed my breakfast at the Black Bear Restaurant.

Service is pretty good, polite, helpful, nice.

I was here for a conference, so the location was great for that. I have stayed off site before - I could recommend the Holiday Inn Express if you decide to stay off site - but the convenience of staying at the resort is well worth it.

It's a decent place that is clean and comfy, but desperately needing upgrading.

• Stayed: January 2012