“Tuesday night in January”

J. Bruner's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Bruner's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake Road 54-40 (Winn Road)
Description: You are invited to experience casual, fine dining at J. Bruner's! Savor steaks and seafood prepared using our exclusive recipes refined over the past thirty years. The warm and inviting dining rooms are the perfect setting for weekly casual dining or that special occasion. Enjoy our Red Room Lounge for a cocktail after work, cocktails before dinner, and/or a tasty ice cream drink afterwards. The best table service completes your dining experience, making J. Bruner's the Lake's Classic Steakhouse. Reservations recommended--book online.
Ozarks
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tuesday night in January”
Reviewed January 20, 2010

I had eaten earlier in the evening, and found myself at J. Bruner's by a fluke for a social introduction. On a Tuesday night in the dead of winter at the Lake, you'd think the staff would be casual, and the food would not receive the attention it normally would. Far from it. While waiting for my party, I ordered a lobster tail with a side of asparagus a la carte. The service was sharp and professional, the food well presented and perfect. As one who eats high protein, low carb, low fat diet, it's a task to find simple, honest food prepared by a chef who honors each item leaving the kitchen--whether a full entree or a side or two. You can trust this restaurant, proven on a Tuesday night in January.

1 Thank tinmanOzarks

Osage Beach, MO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best...”
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Can't say enough great things about Bruner's. They have the best steak's in the lake area. My husband raves about them every time we eat there. The the lobster mac is to die for!! You have to make sure to have their famous onion rings too. Everyone on the staff is wonderful. We always tell people they have to go to Bruner's the food is the BEST!!

1 Thank JHowe
Traveling
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I have had the opportunity in my line of work to visit all 50 United States and more than 20 countries - so I have pretty much experienced every type of restaurant cuisine imaginable. Not often do I find myself compelled to write a review...but this time I must.

J. Bruner's is simply amazing. Walking into this unassuming building in the middle of Missouri of all places what can one really expect? Sure, it says fine dining but I really wasn't prepared to be blown away. The experience started with the staff - prompt, professional and perfectly dressed. They personified the ghost like ability that I love in wait staff - there when you need them, but yet able to service the table without you knowing when you are engaged in conversation.

Great staff and ambiance only gets you so far though - the heart of the experience was the incredible food. And I mean incredible! I would not normally consider onion rings as an appetizer for a "fine dining" experience, but they were recommended so we tried them. Amazing! While it's a steak house, I went non-traditional and had seafood. Mahi-Mahi to be exact and I have to say, while I am quite certain that the sauce totally negated the health benefits of the fish, I could not get enough of it. I actually found myself using some bread to mop it up (but don't tell anyone). Wait, I would be remiss were I not to mention the salad - I know it's a small thing, but I want the recipe to the house dressing and to know where they are getting or how they are making those damn croutons.

Honestly, to say that the experience was simply amazing is not overstating it in the least. So if you find yourself in the middle of Missouri and need an oasis of dining that could rival anything you would ever find in a major city - J. Bruner's is the stop to make.

2 Thank jeradboyd
St Louis
“Never a bad experience at J Bruners”
Reviewed January 18, 2010

We visited Saturday evening and really enjoyed everything! The prime rib is always perfect and melts in your mouth! Salad always cold and crisp and onion rings are pure perfection! Not to mention three glasses of great wine!! Music in the Red Room was great! Don't miss the chance to go to J Bruners while you are visiting the Lake Area - you won't be disappointed!!

2 Thank StLouisBeth
Osage Beach
“Way overpriced!!!”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

My family went in there last summer, and we were very excited about this.
We heard their chicken liver was really good, as well as their lobster, so we had both.
Not to mention therer were only 1 tiny piece of lobster that's been batter fried served with melted butter with NO garnished plate or anything, and it cost $68!!! Totally disappointed.
Three of us all had stomach ach after that meal....
Sad to say that we were so disappointed...

3 Thank ChristieSC
pboylan, Owner at J. Bruner's Restaurant, responded to this review, January 2, 2010
The reviewer inaccurately described the quantity of food included with the meal. First, we serve TWO pieces of lobster (brioiled, batter-fried, or one of each) on a garnished plate with a side of drawn butter warmed by a candle. Second, all meals at J. Bruner's include your choice of a salad or soup, a potato or vegetable, and bread service. Our pricing is very competitive with the other fine dining (white tablecloth) establishments at the Lake. And they are correct...we make the best chicken livers you'll find anywhere!