“Way overpriced!!!”

J. Bruner's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Bruner's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 101 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake Road 54-40 (Winn Road)
Description: You are invited to experience casual, fine dining at J. Bruner's! Savor steaks and seafood prepared using our exclusive recipes refined over the past thirty years. The warm and inviting dining rooms are the perfect setting for weekly casual dining or that special occasion. Enjoy our Red Room Lounge for a cocktail after work, cocktails before dinner, and/or a tasty ice cream drink afterwards. The best table service completes your dining experience, making J. Bruner's the Lake's Classic Steakhouse. Reservations recommended--book online.
Reviewed December 31, 2009

My family went in there last summer, and we were very excited about this.
We heard their chicken liver was really good, as well as their lobster, so we had both.
Not to mention therer were only 1 tiny piece of lobster that's been batter fried served with melted butter with NO garnished plate or anything, and it cost $68!!! Totally disappointed.
Three of us all had stomach ach after that meal....
Sad to say that we were so disappointed...

3  Thank ChristieSC
pboylan, Owner at J. Bruner's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2010

The reviewer inaccurately described the quantity of food included with the meal. First, we serve TWO pieces of lobster (brioiled, batter-fried, or one of each) on a garnished plate with a side of drawn butter warmed by a candle. Second, all meals at J. Bruner's include your choice of a salad or soup, a potato or vegetable, and bread service. Our pricing is very competitive with the other fine dining (white tablecloth) establishments at the Lake. And they are correct...we make the best chicken livers you'll find anywhere!

Reviewed July 13, 2009

In the mood for a steak? This will definitely satisfy! Six of us in town for a girl's weekend, so we had a variety - steak, seafood, salads & pasta. Everyone had a wonderful meal. The wines were good. All in all, a very nice meal.

Reviewed April 13, 2009

J. Bruners has the feel of fine dinning but it just kinda misses it. First thing is you check in in the smokey bar in the basement and the you have to climb stairs to get to the dinning room. Secondly the kitchen staff walks through the dinning area in shorts and a tee shirt. The dinning area is a bit out dated and very loud, and when we were there kids were running around and screaming, not exactly what you want to see when your celebrating your anniversary, also not what you would expect from a fine dinning restaurant. Now had the food been great we would have been able to overlook these few things. The food ahh the food. I ordered the KC strip and my wife had the filet. I ordered mine medium rare and she ordered hers medium. Mine came medium and hers came almost rare. We sent hers back and it came back almost well. I was already done eating and so she just ate it. It really didn't matter because they do not put hardly any seasoning on their steaks, so they are kinda bland. The extras are J Bruners saving grace. The Prime Rib soup, salad, croutons, baked potatoes and bread are all very good (but not good enough to save the meal). I give J Bruners a 3.5 out of 10, so either find a better place or go the the grocery store and grill out and save $40.00 per person.

2  Thank spackler43
Reviewed July 29, 2008

This place bills itself as "fine dining" however the ambiance is mediocre at best. My wife and I were seated in the "main" dining room which has the acoustics of a VFW hall...loud, noisy, annoying and not conducive to a relaxed dining experience. I checked out the smaller dining room which was appreciably quieter and asked the waitress to be moved. She informed me that the manager would have to make that decision and he would stop by our table. After waiting for 10 minutes, no one returned to our table (including the waitress) so my wife and I got up and walked out!! No one cared. City Grill got our dining dollars instead of J. Bruners on this Sunday evening.

3  Thank LOZ757
Reviewed June 18, 2008

We dad Saturday night dinner here and no trouble getting a table. Even though the place bills itself as “fine dining” most people will still show up in very casual clothing so there’s no need to dress up.

The food was pretty good. I enjoyed salmon and my husband a steak. The steak was cooked beautify, with equal color all the way through. My only complaint is that for a place so close to MO wine country, there’s not a single MO wine on the list.

Our waitress was Mrs. Bruner, who has stayed on to work here after the restaurant was sold to a new owner. I think that says a great deal about how the establishment is run.