“Pleasently Suprised”
Review of Hawk's Nest Lodge

Hawk's Nest Lodge
“Pleasently Suprised”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I live several hours away from the lake and come into town on a somewhat regular basis. I always have an issue finding a place that's price reflects the hotel/motel itself. I have looked on discounted hotel sites and never saw this place listed. I did a main search and stumbled upton the Hawk's Nest Lodge website. I almost didn't bother calling because the nightly rates are not listed on the site. I went ahead and called to find out it was BY FAR the most inexpensive place to stay in Osage Beach (from the research I personally have done:) So the next thought...this is going to be a roach motel... NOT EVEN CLOSE. The place was conviniently located, quiet, super clean, SUPER comfortable, and you couldn't ask for a friendlier staff. I travel with my dog and it seems like most places that allow pets, clearly, allow pets. You can smell them still in the room, and it's not very pleasent, plus the extra charge JUST to have a dog sleep there adds up... Hawk's Nest allows pets and you wouldn't have an inkling they were ever on the premises. This was the best hotel/motel experience I may have ever had. Stress free and easy. This is now my regular stop at the lake. HIGHLY recommended.

Room Tip: I was on the middle floor,right by the back steps, and it was great. I didn't hear anyone else...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jtmc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
St.Clair Shores,Mi
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I had the privilage of staying 2 weeks here.On business in Osage Beach and could not have found a more hospitable motel.The entire staff were as nice as could be,from the cleanliness to the making waffles in the morning for beakfast.Very clean, most comfortable bed I think I've ever slept on.My 5 yr. old son accompanied me and he was in heaven,couldn't keep him out of the nice pool they have there, also very clean.I have traveled the road for 35 yrs.,and I must say it was one of the most breathtaking views there is to wake up to.Definately will be on my spots to visit each year from now on .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
St. Louis
Reviewed August 12, 2011

After reading the reviews for this motel, I was leary, but I'm glad I took a chance because it was just fine! The motel is under new local ownership and is really improving the property. The bedding was maybe the most comfortable I've slept in for a motel, the room was small but comfortable and clean. The staff was extremely helpful, too. The unexpected surprise was the nice breakfast that they offered. They had fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, coffee, juices and the staff made awesome waffles! Right now they are offering a rate of $69/night for Friday and Saturday and $59/night Sunday to Thursday. Give Hawk's Nest a try!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Rod-Kis
Praia, Cape Verde
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I paid $40 and for that, it was pretty good. It wasn't messy or disgusting, just a bit run down. It was clean and the owner was friendly. It is on the strip, so the location is good. I paid off season rates and it was dead. I wouldn't pay more than what I paid.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
hawksnestlodge01, Manager at Hawk's Nest Lodge, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Hawk's Nest Lodge is now under new managent! With the new amenities we are offering it is our desire that you get more than you paid for! Join us lakeside, in one of the only two lodges on this highway that has lakeside rooms. Get a great night's sleep on beds with a thick new mattress topper and all all new microsoft linens. Bedding that's all new, from top to bottom has created a barrage of great customer reviews! Bring the whole family for swimming, barbeque and area attractions. Have breakfast on us till 10:30am. Our new friendly staff is available from 7am to 11pm daily to ensure your stay with us is met with your expectations and you leave happy! Call us at 573-693-9204 for reservations and a great time at Lake Ozark.
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We stayed in one of the condos and the view was fabulous. The condo was uper clean and the kids loved the loft bedrooms. The location is great too! So close to everything. No complaints here. We will definitely stay here again next time we are at the lake.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MissouriWaterdog
Reviewed July 31, 2007

Whoa, so glad to be home in our own beds! This place is much different in person than the photos on their website show it to be. The pool was murky with some kind of green algee growing in it (I wouldn't let my kids swim in it for fear of sickness). When you walk out of your motel room you are hit in the face by a wave of exotic food cooking from the motel owners (at all times of the day). The bathroom door wouldn't close all the way...we had to work out a system to let each other know we were in there). In the morning you can see the sunrise...under the door! If you are a smoker, you'll love this place. There are plastic chairs at each door with little buckets of sand and ashtrays everywhere. The landscape was dried weeds and overgrown bushes. The room was clean but the carpeted floor was grimy, we kept our socks on. This place seems to be good for college students who want to go party, not family oriented.

• Liked — The location was great, near go-karts and boat rentals.
  • Disliked — The grimy carpet.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family