“Decent food, but not great.”
Review of El Jimador Restaurant - CLOSED

El Jimador Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed June 18, 2009

First let me say, I'm from Texas. We eat a lot of Mexican and Tex-Mex food and my expectations are high. The food at El Jimador was just OK in my opinion. The kids enjoyed their enchiladas and quesadillas. We ordered fajitas. They were OK, but not something I would order again. The sour cream, guacamole, and pica de gillo came out on a steaming hot plate. It really should have come on a cold plate and the guacamole was not very good. The fajita meat was diced instead of in strips as I'm used to, and tasted a little schorched. My mom ordered quesadillas and said they were decent, but not something she would go back for. The servers were attentive and very friendly so that was very much appreciated.

Reviewed March 21, 2009

I eat here because the place is well maintained, clean and quick service. The food is typical of what you'd find in the chain.

Reviewed March 8, 2009

The atmosphere is authentic mexican! lively! the service is not what you would call wonderful but most places with mexican servers are not...they do make sure you're taken care of! Friendly employees and fast food! The food is delicious!! It is very cheap for the portions! I reccommend ordering a fried ice cream for dessert!

Reviewed February 4, 2009

We visited in January, 2009.

Based on a friend's rave reviews we visited Vista Grande and their "to die for food!' Biggest mistake was ordering fajitas, which is usually done fairly decently an any Tex-Mex restaurant. I mean, really, who can mess up grilled skirt steak with onions and peppers? Well, Vista Grande can! We were served this soupy, stew that was drowning in cumin. The grilled veggies were also soupy. Servers were friendly, but prices were over the top.

Another friend suggested El Jimador, and we will be grateful eternally! The service, prices and food were far superior to the other restaurant. Our waiter visited about every 10-15 minutes to make sure we had full drinks and that everything was to our satisfaction. This was on a busy Friday night, too.

Taco shells were crisp, ground beef for tacos perfectly seasoned, and fajita beef seared to perfection with fantastic. Your choice for authentic Mexican food, good atmosphere, excellent service and decent prices will be El Jimador.

Reviewed January 23, 2009

We stopped here for lunch on our way out of town in June 2008. The food is great and HUGE portions!!! Service was fast as well. Definitely go here if you like Mexican food, you'll be glad you did!