“Awesome”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Me and my husband went there on 08-30-2008 for my birthday. It was a Saturday night and it was a Mizzou foodball game. Our waiter had our table of three, table of like 20 and then 2 more tables of about 3. He was prompt and courteous. The food was resonably priced and very good. It was the quickest service I have had in a long time. i would definately recommend it!!!

Reviewed July 14, 2008

Our restaurant experience at El Jimador’s on 07-13-2006 was terrible!!!! We often dine at the Jefferson City El Jimador and this was nothing like what we are used to being treated. Our waitress did not even look at us while she was taking our order, that is when she finally had time to take our order. She filled my daughters drink but no one else at our table got a refill. When we were asked if everything was ok we said no and there was nothing done. Of course the cashier was also the hostess. We asked for non smoking, the table next to us was full of chain smokers!! The menu was a lot pricier then at home and none of the extras like sour cream and shredded lettuce. When I asked for some I was told they did not serve their dinners like Jeff City and when I said I would pay extra I was told no!! Can you believe that? We will not be returning and will be telling everyone we know!!

Reviewed April 26, 2008

WE loved it!

Having grown up in Texas, Mexican restruants are a dime a dozen,. Since I have moved to Missouri, I have not found any to my liking,until now!

A very extensive menu, prompt service,good food, and low prices, you cant ask for any more.

we will be visiting this place quite often.

Thanks El Jimador

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 4, 2008

Food is ok, Margarittas are really good though!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Gee Whiz people! I've eaten there many times. I would not have eaten there many times if I had found the dining experience to be remotely as described by the downer of a review posted earlier.
I'm a local as well. I've seen mexican restaurants come and go. This restaurant doesn't serve you food just opened from a can. These folks are proud Mexicans, and it shows. I have enjoyed El Jimador on at least a dozen occasions, and have found it to be above average in quality of food, speed of service, and friendliness of staff. It has never been a disappointment for me, my wife or my friends. My favorite dish has been the pork carnitas dinner...yum! More than enough food, along with a good presentation, always makes for a fresh and satisfying dining experience at El Jimador. I must add that the margaritas are some of the best at the lake.

1  Thank nofonomo