“Great food.”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
lake of the ozarks
“Great food.”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I don't believe all these negative reviews. I live at the lake part-time and have just about eaten every place here. Our go to place is the Outback. The food is always good. Once your steaks are served they ask that you cut them to make sure they are done right.
We are always greeted and the service is always good.
Usually when you go to a restaurant and the lines are long that generally means the foods good. Weekends are busy at the Lake of the Ozarks.
The low rating because they were seated by "drunks" isn't really a reflection of the restaurant.
I love Outback in fact I'm eating there tonight and know it will be delicious.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank scheevers

Senatobia, Mississippi
“I love outback!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Outback is one of our favorite places to eat for a little special meal. It's informal with great food for the price. Great steaks with great extras -- we love their blooming onion (best I've ever had anywhere) but also love their variety as well -- my wife loves seafood, we all love the steaks, the salads and all the fixings. We always get great service and this last time was no different. There can be a wait for tables in the evening (esp. on the weekends) but it's worth it and they do accept reservations. I know this is a chain and we have had food that wasn't always great but they are usually very good and this time was no exception. Celebrating our daughters ACT score (31 as a freshman) and Outback is always a great place to go -- will remain one of our favorite spots!

• Visited August 2012
Missouri
“Not a bad Outback”
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

First of all our wait wasn't bad on a Saturday evening. We had a great blooming onion, followed by fresh salads. We both ordered the sweet glazed pork loins and they were great. We left stuffed with leftovers and money still in our pockets. Also very attentive wait staff.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Steak”
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely loved the Victorian filet and the sweet potato fries. The bread is always amazing. I didn't care for the green beans because I like them very very tender, but that's just a personal preference.

Hermann, Missouri
“Most horrible experience I've had at a chain restaurant”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Went here with a buddy that was in town. we both ordered their most expensive steaks. Both ordered rare, which do not take any amount of time to cook. The restaurant probably had ~6 other tables. Took an hour to get our steaks, which were OVER-SEASONED (profusly choking) over cooked, and luke warm. The sweet potato was good (lol). The staff was immature, and obnoxious- running around screaming in the kitchen that you could hear in the dining area.

I've never complained at a restaurant, but when I go to a major chain like Outback and I'm going to spend a pretty penny, I expect it to be at least bearable in every aspect. They didn't meet any of that.

The Manager seemed to listen after I told her what all was going on and what was wrong, you could tell she just wanted me to shut up and write it off. Nonetheless she wrote off our ticket, wasted an hour of our time and I will never go back to that outback. Very disappointing for my guest.

I would not suggest any tripadvisors go there.

• Visited May 2012