“Awesome view and room”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Alton, Illinois
“Awesome view and room”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I recently stayed at Wyndham Worldmark resort at the lake of the Ozarks. The room I stayed in was 110 building B. I can't say enough good things about the resort. The rooms are fully furnished condos. Everything you need to cook, wash clothes, and live like home away from home. The resort is 5 minutes away from Walmart, subway, and most any other restaurant or fast food place you would want to eat. My wife and I stayed from July 9-12, 2014. We are already planning to return. The condos sit steps away from the lake with a balcony view to die for. Each condo also have a gas grill on the patio for your grilling desires. I can't complain about anything. The staff was pleasant and very welcoming. For an awesome stay at the lake of the Ozarks, look no further than Wyndham Worldmark.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room at this resort. My room was 110 building b. It was on the grou...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tony B
Angela S, Front Office Manager at WorldMark Lake of the Ozarks, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you, Tony B. for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially the view. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed May 1, 2014

They put us in the dungeon (bottom floor). There were other rooms on the top floors available but they said there wasn't any available. The refrigerator noise was loud, light shined into bedroom all night, fireplace turned on the smoke alarm after two minutes of use only to smell gas in room. We turned it off immediately. The people in the rooms next to us and above us keep us up until midnight each night. Smell of food cooking and showers running. I left a bottle of water Andy a pair of earrings on the night stand by mistake. After checking out I called the office and was told the manager would call
Me back. This was 7:30 in the morning. 4:40 that same afternoon I called back asking why manager Steve Hall had not called me back. Manager called me within 10 minutes of this second inquiry acting like his meetings were more important than calling me back about my gold earrings. Long story short my earrings were not found. Will never stay there again!

• Stayed April 2014
7 Thank carol s
SAINT LOUIS
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We used to visit Tan-tar-a often several years ago and it was really a special place 10 + years ago. It is no longer as nice, and exclusive as it was in the past . It is more for the mass markets now, it's more commercial and the atmosphere is just more sterile. The breakfast buffet at the Black Bear Lodge used to be great. We ate there last weekend and it was very comparable to the Holiday Inn Express breakfast. It was good but certainly not special. In the past it seemed like there was much more pride in the staff. The staff seemed nice but harried to get everything done. The rooms were not bad but certainly not upscale. To sum it up it was OK. We will probably go else where next time we visit the Ozarks.

Room Tip: The rooms in the Estates have a nice Ozarks feel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank FRONTPAGESAINTLOUIS
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Went on this trip for a girls weekend birthday celebration and it was the perfect environment. The condo was excellent, felt like a home not a hotel which is always a plus. The only issue was we were on third level and had to carry our luggage up steps. Common pool area was fun but slightly small.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CDarrett
WorldMark W, Social Media Team at WorldMark Lake of the Ozarks, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home while staying with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your girls’ weekend birthday celebration. We look forward to your next visit.
Peterson, MN
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and i spent our December, 50th anniversary here and it was a special experience. This was a last minute choice when our first choice destination experienced severe weather. I called ahead to arrange for flowers, and when we arrived, my flowers were in the suite along with a gift basket from the resort containing a bottle of bubbly, a box of chocolates and a very nice card, with personal messages, signed by no less than 9 staffers who, by the way, we had never met. They even placed us on the fourth floor of building "C" with a lovely, above the treetops, view of the lake. Our two bedroom unit was spacious, clean, nicely decorated and furnished with everything we needed. The weather at Osage Beach was cold that week, but we always felt comfortable indoors and out. The staff was very friendly and especially helpful. We did think that the resort came up a bit short in a few minor ways: We had a beautiful fireplace, but were told upon check-in that it was unusable due to some combination of age and repair parts. We got along fine with a huge 50th Anniversary candle that we burned on the hearth. Another bit of news at check-in was that there were no luggage carts. We bring a generous amount of comfort when we travel, so this meant 3 trips up the elevator instead of one. Finally, when I tried to go online, I learned that they have a nearly $16 charge for the week. I thought that this practice was a thing of the past, apparently not. If I sound unhappy with our choice, go back to the beginning of this review. We were treated very well and afforded a very pleasant stay in a very nice unit. We're not complaining, and we would certainly welcome any future opportunity to return.

Room Tip: Fourth floor offers an unobstructed and expansive view of the Lake.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Suitemaster
Indianapolis IN
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Never stayed in a joint like this but preferred being on the lake so tried it. I had a 1 bedroom. It was clean, bright, nicely furnished. Yes, the king bed is a tight squeeze in the bedroom but was comfy. A/C worked well even in the high heat but was LOUD! Kitchen was fine, TVs good picture and lots of channels, WiFi was good. Nice sized tub but ran out of hot water 1/2 way full. I'm guessing an element out. Pool was a recent post said, in need of a good cleaning. It was comfy cool in the heat but the spa was luke warm and didn't bubble. Not relaxing.

After 2 days, I asked if I could stay one more. Had to call reservations. They said no, 2 more days or beat it. I beat it. In a nearly deserted resort you'd think they would be happy for a quick $130 more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank BaldLoonie
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Here for a wedding. Room was great although getting to it was difficult. Biggest complaint was the pool. We looked forward to swimming after a long, hot day on the road. The water was murky and scary looking. There were all kinds of dead bugs and debris in the pool. Opted out of swimming. The room became very overpriced when the amenities were unusable.

• Stayed July 2013
#1 of 13 in Lake Ozark
Lodge of  Four Seasons
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark

Been to WorldMark Lake of the Ozarks? Share your experiences!