“Food good, service terrible”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #70 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Seated very quickly, ordered in a reasonable time frame, no drink refills until asked for 3 times. Never once did the waitress return to the table except to bring the bill. The "endless bread" that was to come with the meal never arrived but since the waitress never showed either it is hard to ask. Upon paying they asked if everything was all right and then offered to let us take bread home with us since it didn't make it to the table. I wonder how endless that would have been.

Food that was served was actually pretty good.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

After researching restaurants in the Osage Beach area with a diverse menu, our group decided to try Bob Evans. The menu looks great, the website is professional, and the price is right.

Although the food was indeed pretty good, Bob Evans is no fancy place. In fact, it's pretty comparable to the Perkins and Denny's restaurants we have all over the Midwest.

Pro's:
- Inexpensive
- Considerable menu options (incl. breakfast all day)
- Clean restaurant

Con's:
- Our waitress promised how much we'd love the homemade buns, and then didn't deliver them until halfway through our meal, citing they were in the oven and were taking awhile. They were good, but not well-timed.

- Also, the waitress was clearly not great at her job. She handed out the drinks in an assembly line style instead of handing them out to each individual. This was strange.

- I was excited for the chicken fried steak, but the steak wasn't anything to write home about. It had little flavor and wasn't particularly warm.

Although the food wasn't bad, unless I wanted breakfast or a low-cost lunch, I certainly don't plan on going back for dinner service.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The worst dining experience I've had in quite a while.

The server, while nice, was super slow and disappeared for long periods of time. She refused to take our food order with our drink order. While we waited for her to make an appearance at our table, I saw that it took the table next to me literally 10 minutes to get their drinks and she refused to take their food order then too.

Two of the three servers I witnessed over the course of almost two hours disappeared on a regular basis and it always took them at least 10 minutes to get to a table and 10 more minutes to bring drinks back. That is so unacceptable.

Like everyone in our area, we waited over an hour for our food, but not because of the slow server, because of the slow kitchen. They were not packed.. Separate from the hour and 15 minute wait for food, was the 30 minute wait to be seated. Possibly the wait staff was attempting to delay seating so the kitchen could catch up (because there were empty tables everywhere and an abundance of wait staff)...it didn't help. I'm not complaining about the wait to be seated, because that was my choice. I was however, soooo annoyed that the slow food service seemed to be happening for a while when we got there and the host didn't bother to warn us. I was traveling with three kids, I would have liked a warning..

There were THREE managers on duty, none of them came by any of the tables to say anything to anyone and while, when I asked, the manager discounted our drinks without hesitation, I don't think I should have had to ask.. Also worth noting that none of the managers appeared to be helping out in the kitchen. They did help bus tables. So, they were in the dining area, but did not speak to any of the patrons. Even when holding a service tray for the server, they didn't say anything to any of the patrons. I'm sure because they didn't want to get an earful.

The food was good enough. I can't complain about that. I just have to say that the service was so slow that it was terrible, and the fact that the managers did nothing really annoys me.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We went late in the evening, after 8:00. There was maybe one or two other tables being used. We got food and drinks fast, and the server was very accommodating with our two tired kids. Food was great, we had plenty to eat and some leftovers, and we enjoyed the fruit breads. Restaurant was very clean.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Bob Evans was always our "go to place" when we couldn't decide where to eat. After the last two visits, with the staff's poor performance,we won't try again! We didn't see anyone from the last visit working. We got our order ok but couldn't get our water refilled a to go box. Had to stand by the table to get any attention. No management + No training = poor dining experience.

1  Thank Germanguy500