“Quaint restaurant”
Review of Bahama Bistro

Bahama Bistro
Ranked #42 of 102 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: Owners names: Don and Joann Smallwood , phone # 1-573-348-0300. I understand that they previously owned the Tea Room near the same location. Hope you can add them, it's a beautiful little place with great food.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Decided to give this place a try one afternoon, and after my wife and I did we wondered why we hadn't tried it before. Service and food was excellent. Not your ordinary restaurant.

2  Thank thepisan

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My girls and I absolutely love Bahama Bistro! When we ate there for lunch today, we were having a conversation about our favorite places to eat and this place tops our list. When we're at the lake (We're from the Kansas City metro area), we always try to eat here. Our favorites: the Mango tea and the Jamaican Toffee Cake. The cake is like nothing you've ever tasted and the mango tea is incredibly refreshing....its addictive. My favorite lunch entree is the Mahi Mahi salad - just the right touch of cran-raisins, chopped pecans and blue cheese crumbles, with fresh fish and a light but sweet dressing. My girls (ages 8 and 9) love the lobster bisque and the chicken quesadillas. They don't list children's items on the menu but they do have several including the quesadillas, grilled cheese, hot ham and cheese sandwich. If you have kids, don't hesitate to ask about the kids options. It is true that they generally only have one waiter, who I believe owns the place, so if you're looking for to be in and out quickly, you may want to try another place, but you would be missing out on a really pleasant server who aims to please and really great food. I highly suggest that you give it a try!

2  Thank mehnertjk
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been eating here for decades. It is a tea room and as such has the usual tearoom sandwiches, salads, and quiche..They have different teas and coffees to try( I don't because I like regular stuff)

The Maui Cristo sandwich is a special favorite of mine; ham and cheese served french toast style with raspberry dipping sauce covered in powdered sugar MMmmmm good.

Deserts vary from time to time but they have all been yummy. Try it; You'll like it.

1  Thank Ida I
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is my favorite spot to have lunch in Osage Beach. Their hours are a bit limited, but it is well worth it to make time for it. The lobster bisque is amazing along with their spinach salad. It is a quaint little place and the servers are very attentive.

1  Thank suzq595
Reviewed September 4, 2012

A local resident suggested Bahama Bistro for lunch, and we decided to try the restaurant. Inside it is kitschy: a lighthouse here, a faux parrot there. No host or hostess hastened to seat us, but a waiter waved us toward a table for two. We soon learned the waiter not only served food, every table up and down the stairs as well as outside, while also directing incoming diners to tables. But the restaurant's staff of one could not explain the slow food preparation unless the waiter was also the sole chef and cook. Nevertheless the food was of good quality and quantity, and the kitchen saw fit to feed the eyes first with lovely presentations, including a tropical flower on every dish. Salads, soups, and sandwiches are the fare. In spite of lackluster flavors, I enjoyed the Reuben, generously layered with meat and served on a marble rye. My husband tried the Lobster Bisque, rich in creamy flavors more than lobster, and added a fine spinach salad. Several customers also ordered desserts, and they looked quite good. The tables are packed close together so if you have a quiet, private conversation in mind, choose another setting. And above all else, be sure you have more than one hour to spare because no one is in a hurry at Bahama Bistro.