“EXCELLENT GETAWAY RESORT”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Kirkwood Lodge
Reviewed March 9, 2010

We stayed at Kirkwood lodge for the first time last June and came back for more in September!!!!! The staff was extremely helpful and courteous, the rooms were clean and comfortable. There is definitely a relaxing, comfortable air about the place - you feel like family as soon as you step into the lodge.

There is a beautiful view of the lake from the fun wrap around stone walkway and patios where you can have privacy, or a party atmosphere depending on your mood. The lakeside pool was clean and very nice.

I have been telling all my friends about the great time we had at Kirkwood Lodge. We will be back in 2010 for sure!

Check out their website for events - particularly the Harley Gras - biker friendly weekend.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindaonLotus

Reviewed March 9, 2010

After reading mixed reviews my family and I visited the Kirkwood Lodge again last August (2009). We found it to be as quaint and quiet as we remembered yet still in the middle of the action. There is a new stoplight in planning at the main road which will make it easier getting out. We did learn that some bad storms had put the docks in dissarray and there was some damage to few units since our last visit which is most definitely corrected. It sounded like it was rough but there is now a replacement gangway and dock which will put you right out on the Lake and there's even a JetSki watercraft rental along with the Celebration Yacht. The lift up to the lodge patio was working fine while we were there (but it must have some quirks). The staff was helpful and courteous to all of our needs. The pool towels were immediately replenished as they ran low and value for the money is excellent. I did say in my original review that the rooms are rustic (no tv or internet in rooms) The lodge has YFi. There's enough going on that all we did was sleep & shower in the room. The game room was locked for security but the counter person gladly opened the doors and provided pool cues and billiard balls. The gift store was also opened (during off hours) at our request for a somewhat private shopping spree. My only thought was that other reviewers had their sights set on glitz and glamour rather than relaxing, rustic charm which I have come to enjoy from the Kirkwood Lodge.
Bottom line if you're looking caviar and Dom with chamber music maybe not your first choice but many more memories are created from the simpler things in life.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank bonz65
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I have been going to the Lake of the Ozarks for the past few summers and finally found a great place to stay. The Kirkwood Lodge is a great place to get away from it all. I have visited with friends and have had some great times. The location is easy to get to and has everything you need for the whole weekend. I have arrived on a Friday evening and had not had to leave the resort until Sunday afternoon and been able to get everything I needed for the whole weekend. The staff was very friendly and informative. They offer inexpensive rates for rooms with or without meals. They have waterfront property with swim docks, a private pool and boat and jetski rentals. I have recommended the Kirkwood Lodge to friends and would definately say it is a great place to get away and relax.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank silverstoners
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I've stayed at Kirkwood on many occasions. While there are "no frills", the rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and accomodating. We especially enjoy the view of the Lake, pool and deck. Plenty of nice shady patio areas to enjoy the outside. Close and convenient to local attractions...only a mile or so from the outlet mall, short drive to "the Strip". No TV's or phones in the rooms but this lends itself to quality family time. If you have children, they will love it!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank partyongarth
Reviewed March 9, 2010

This place is good for its Price and great room. You are suppose to spend all of your time at the lake on the lake. This is the place for you. its a nice place to stay. They have great meals in the dining room and you can sit at the pool and watch the boats go by.
You want a room on the lake for a couple nights, this is the place!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I have been to the Kirkwood lodge each of the last seven years and every time, it is great. The friendly staff welcome you and set you up for a relaxing stay, there was great live music and the food was abundant and tasty. The party boat is always great and the swimming, pool or the Lake,, it a bit hit. I have always thought it is the best kept secret on the Lake

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2008

I stayed at the Lake this summer with my family, we recieved a room that smelled horrible, it actually leaked from the roof and was filled with mold. There was no maid service while we were there. We had to ask the desk for towels each day. We had elderly people in our group and they were unable to enjoy the pool area, because the tram that takes you down was broken. The office staff was anything but nice, very rude. The place is being held together by a bandaid, there is nothing nice about this place. I would not stay here again if they offered a free room.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)