“Bland Pizza”

Description: (573) 348–2288
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
“Bland Pizza”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We ate at the buffet on Friday for lunch. The pizza was pretty bland. I really didn't know what kind of pizza I was putting on my plate as it wasn't obvious and it wasn't identified. That would probably be nice if it was. However, the sauce was scant and not very robust. The ingredients were also scant. Not much cheese. Overall, it just wasn't that good. Maybe because we went during buffet, it was not as good but I highly doubt it. They had a salad bar and also had some other miscellaneous items on the bar. I think there was fried macaroni and cheese, fried green beans, and some sort of fried taquito. There was spaghetti and some sauce that I though was pretty good. The salad bar was fresh but the dressing was awful. Only a couple choices and none of them tasted any good. It took forever to get waited on. :( I would not go back and I would recommend trying some place different for pizza.

• Visited June 2012

Tucson, Arizona
“best pizza outside of NY!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

After moving to the lake area about a year ago...and seriously craving a great NY pizza, we tried Arris' after our friend suggested it. Sauce is flavorful and good, cheese is delicious and overall, a great little pizza. The crust, for anyone who really knows what a good NY pizza is, leaves a lot to be desired. It is really thin and kind of...well...cardbord-esque. But not entirely bad. Good for what it is and the BEST, by FAR anywhere outside of the east coast. The beer is cold and the crowd is local and very friendly. Thank you Arris' for giving us a little taste of home!

• Visited April 2012
Lake Ozark, Missouri
“More than Pizza.”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a small chain/franchise restaurant that started in Jefferson
City Mo several years ago. It specializes in thin crust Greek style pizza. Greasy, but flavorful. This particular restaurant offers more than pizza but does not have the expanded menu selection available at the Arris Bistro Restaurants.

Visited October 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great pizza, so-so atmosphere”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I think the pizza here is very good, but the atmosphere at this location is not nearly as nice as the Jefferson City location across from the capitol. I realize that there is only so much you can do to create a nice restaurant atmosphere in a strip mall, but the cement floors and unfinished high ceilings give you the impression of dining in a warehouse, not a pizzeria. Even though we were dining with our small children, we asked to be seated in the bar (where smoking is permitted) just because it was somewhat calmer. Sitting in the "non-smoking" section wouldn't necessarily do you much good since the wall dividing the bar seating area from the restaurant seating does not go all the way to the ceiling. We had to wait a while to be seated as there was only one employee serving as hostess, waitress and cashier. Once seated, the service was fine. I had the gyro sandwich and seasoned fries. The gyro meat is good and the portion is large for a typical gyro sandwich. The children's menu includes a child's drink with their entree which is nice. The pizza, as others have mentioned, has a thin cracker-like crust. I think the food is very good, but unless you just want to get out for a meal, order your food to go and eat it at home.

• Visited March 2012
Linn Creek, Missouri
“Craft Pizza”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This is the first time we have visited Arris in Osage Beach. Arris has a lunchtime buffet that is a bit short on pizza choices, but also includes fresh pasta and a decent salad bar. My better half opted for the burger plate with sweet potato fries. Both were very good and plentiful. The Greek sausage Arris puts on their pizza is outstanding, and I have not found a comparable pizza ala sausage anywhere. If you are shopping nearby, stop into Arris for lunch or dinner. You'll be glad you did.

• Visited March 2012