“It's so good and but so small”
Review of Pancake House

Pancake House
Ranked #14 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Osage Beach, Missouri
“It's so good and but so small”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We live at the lake, and this is the best place for breakfast at the lake, I love the banana's foster pancakes with a side of bacon. A half order is plenty, and you need the bacon to balance out the sweet. Other menu items are just as tasty. High quality bacon, house shredded hash browns, cooked nice and crispy, scrambled eggs done right.

The only down side is the size, it is small, some would even say tiny. There are maybe 5 4 tops, a place for 6 and a couple of 2 tops, there is outdoor seating in warm weather. If there is a wait, and there probably will be, write your name and number in your party on the wait list. It hangs just inside the door on a clipboard.

The last time we were there the chef owner said the were going to move to a bigger place.

• Visited April 2014

“Not just breakfast as usual!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Our friends suggested the Pancake House and I said, "Breakfast out is pretty much the same everywhere." Boy was I wrong! The best bacon out I've ever had and Walt had the ham - 8 oz. of great ham! And the price was the lowest in ages! We will be back.

Illinois
“Some of the Best Pancakes at the Lake”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Visited The Pancake House this past week. Had the multi-grain pancakes and a banana-caramel muffin. The pancakes with light and exceptionally fluffy, for multi-grains, with an excellent taste and texture. The banana-caramel muffin was good, not great, but tasty nonetheless. The two waitresses were very attentive and generous with the coffee -- which also was very good. We were patrons of the place when it was Helen's some years ago, before Helen's niece took it over. We like the fact it's non-smoking (Helen's was not), the place is very clean and well kept, and that it retains its homey atmosphere. Will be back!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank jmacmurdo
Saint Louis, Missouri
“My New Breakfast Place At The Lake!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I only visit Lake-Of-The-Ozarks a couple times of year. Hearty breakfasts served a little later for us sleep-in visitors is hard to find, I thought. I saw The Pancake House listed in a restaurant guide and off we went. The special sounded great, it was and we went back the next morning for my vacation favorite, Corned Beef Hash....They make their own from scratch, seriously!!!! Pancakes, biscuits, gravy all wonderful and made from scratch. The owner/chef even came to the table to ask how things were going, Shut-up! We are hooked. Now, this is not a fancy place and it's a bit small so, no need to dress up and be prepared to wait. But do wait! It's worth waiting for. See you there. Let me know what you had.

• Visited February 2014
Denver
“Great Place for Breakfast”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

On a cold Saturday morning, The Pancake House was the place to be for a great breakfast and good coffee. I enjoyed the special; two eggs, bacon ( very crispy as ordered) and two large pancakes. I could not eat in all even though I tried me best to finish the wonderful meal.

Visited February 2014