“I frequent Mexican restaurants and this one is the best one I have ever ate at!!!”
Review of El Charco Azul

El Charco Azul
Ranked #42 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
jackson, mo
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Everything was delicious-- from the spicy salsa, burrito,tamale, kids tacos - excellent!! My son actually ate and loved the chicken taco! Service was awesome. And its true, the best margaritas in town!! Cannot wait to go back!

1 Thank blw0808

Sugar Hill, Georgia
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We ate here on a Saturday night with a party of 5. We were seated right away, and the service was quick with both the drinks and the food. We all loved our dinners. The sauces were good, the queso and the guacamole were excellent. I had the shrimp quesadilla and it was big and full of good quality shrimp, cheese and vegetables. My kids had enchiladas and some combination plates. My kids are unusually picky eaters, and they ate every bit of their dinners and loved them! The frozen margarita was awesome too!

I don't normally eat at restaurants that are in WalMart parking lots, and was leary of trying this one but the other places we had stopped at that evening all had wait times over an hour and we were hot, hungry and tired. So we looked at TripAdvisor, saw the ratings and decided to give this place a try. We are so glad we did! Would go back here to eat anytime - what a pleasant surprise this place turned out to be.

• Visited July 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Hope you have extra time...”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Would have to say the food was good, however really on the bland side. We have been to Mexico numerous times and this is not it. Don't get me wrong it is not bad but if you like tastes that really "pop" in your mouth this is not it. If you like spicy foods make sure to request the extra hot salsa, it is one of the best I have found in the states. Now the bad part, we arrived at 7pm waited 20 minutes to get a drink at the bar while waiting for our seats. About 20 minutes after that we were finally seated ( not bad it was busy) and our server was nice and courteous right away to get more drinks and bring the chips and salsa. We place our orders right away as we had ample time to look over the menu and an hour later we finally received our food. Yes an hour later. Needless to say this did not go over well with the family. The server did apologize many times due to the extremely long wait. As far as the margaritas, don't order thinking you will get an authentic experience. This is maragarita mix at its worse.

• Visited July 2012
“Delicious food, nice environment”
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Some of the best Mexican food I have had. Great portions for the price. Very high quality food as well. Great experience!

1 Thank ladybug588
Emporia, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

And pretty cheap compared to other places! The restaurant was clean and the service was wonderful.

• Visited June 2012