“Great food, interesting atmosphere”
Review of The Vine - CLOSED

The Vine
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Watertown
“Great food, interesting atmosphere”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We ordered 3 pizzas and a pasta dish and everyone agreed their food was excellent and the prices were reasonable and appropriate. The service was good and we weren't rushed. The art gallery atmosphere was interesting and appealing.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“You can smell the tension in the air.”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Ok, first off, the food is not too shabby but the turn off was the attitude of the staff. This place has potential but as manager myself I have to question the current leadership. We waited far too long for our food and the orders were incorrect. This is a small establishment and this is unacceptable as the setting is fairly intamate but the service does not yield the expected atmosphere.
An effective manage would sense this and create a cohesive group or fire problem staff.
The quality of the food was excellent but the overall
atomosphere didnt work.
We will not be returning, nor will our colleagues.
Its a shame, we expected so much more based on previous reviews.

• Visited July 2014
Rebecca S, Manager at The Vine, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello Connorzare and thank you for visiting The VIne! I'm sorry your experience was not a positive one but I am glad you enjoyed your food.
I have a pretty good idea what night you were in and yes, we had some staff problems to which have been corrected.
I'm so sorry this issue affected your visit with your colleagues. As a manger, I'm sure you have experienced days where things didn't go as you wishes.
If you so care to, please try us again and I think you will be pleased.
Best wishes and cheers! Rebecca
Shawnee, Kansas
“Art & Food”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great little restaurant with some awesome pasta dishes. Local art displayed throughout the restaurant and gallery. The loving spoonful chocolate cake is not to be missed so save room and share a piece with your spouse.

Rebecca S, Manager at The Vine, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello Ann! I'm so glad you visited us and enjoyed your time here! Yes, that Chocolate Lovin' Spoon cake is AMAZING! It is perfect to share with a loved one!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit and we thank you so much for supporting this small business!

Cheers, Rebecca
Columbia, Illinois
“No view of the lake, but some of the best food I've ever had!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We were here about a year ago. They used to have an amazing wine flight menu, now you can get a 4 glass tasting but it's just from the 10 wine by the glass options. The food is still amazing! Tonight we had the cheese tray, twice! The scallops, mussels, sliders and Alfredo pasta. Everything was perfectly cooked. I hope more artists will start showing their work, we wanted to buy some art tonight but nothing really spoke to us. We will be back!

• Visited July 2014
Rebecca S, Manager at The Vine, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hi Christy! You guys were so fun to have! You had a great group and I enjoyed serving you!

Yes, we used to have wine flights where you got 3 wines. We do it a bit differently because our servers are the bartenders as well and flights can be super time consuming. With the way we do them now, you get 4 kinds instead of 3 and you can mix and match red vs white.

I'm glad the food was cooked well and yes, our art rotates so if it didn't speak to you this time, maybe next time!

Thank you and cheers!!! Rebecca
Olathe, Kansas
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I loved this place, I didnt seem to busy for a saturday night but the pizza walk in traffic was pretty high. They must have good pizza (didnt try it). Anyways we have the seafood stuffed mushrooms for an appitiser and it was just alright. The salads that came before our dinner was outstanding. I had the goat cheese which I highly recommend. I had the suit seafood and it was the best pasta sauce I have every had. My pasta was a bit over cooked but the sauce made the meal. Infact my wife agreed and ate almost 1/2 of my dish. She has the White Wine pasta and thought it was a bit blan. Overall our experience was excellent and I will rush back next time Im in OSB. I thought the cost was a bargain for 2 martini's 2 glasses of wine 2 dinners an app and salads. Great job guys

Rebecca S, Manager at The Vine, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello ryannkc! Thank you so much for the kind words! I love to hear when people enjoy their visit!

I agree that our White Wine Scampi is not our most exciting dish and I have considered taking it off them menu or finding a different recipe. Thank you for letting us know and we will continue to work on it.

I do hope to have you again and please do try our pizzas! They have made from scratch crust that does keep the traffic high :)

Cheers and thanks, Rebecca