“Not the 4 and a half stars, we expected”
Review of The Vine - CLOSED

The Vine
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Springdale, Arkansas
“Not the 4 and a half stars, we expected”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The place was clean and neat, artwork from artist was well placed and very nice...that is where it stops. This is a Mediterranean themed restaurant, yet they were out of the tomatoes used in both the salad and appetizer I ordered. One Friend ordered the large salad...it was mostly greens and only 2 olives..people, this was an $8 salad....My other friend got a Portabella sandwich In which was brought 5 min later. They also didn't believe in seasoning anything...I don't know...if the pricing had been less, maybe we would have not minded as much.

• Visited June 2013
Rebecca S, Manager at The Vine, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and I'm sorry it was not what you hoped for. I remember that day and serving you all. I do apologize for being out of the large tomatoes which was required for the Parmesan Encrusted Tomatoes and the Caprese Salad you had asked for. I do remember apologizing for that and offering to run to the store quickly so you could get the dishes you wanted. Our food truck arrived shortly after you left with the tomatoes that we needed.
I'm sorry about the salad not being to your liking as well as the delay in the Portabella panini. We strive for the best in customer service as well as delicious dishes. If you are back at the Lake, please try us again so we can give you the food and service you deserve. Thank you, Rebecca

Poncha Springs, Colorado
“Weak! Food is lacking! Atmosphere is perfect.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for lunch after reading all the excellent reviews. It was very disappointing. I ordered a salad that had a ton of lettuce, a ton of cheese, 4 cherry tomatoes, 2 kalamata olives, and onions. I felt it was severely lacking in quantity of some ingredients and overall quality. They gave two of the three of my party our dishes, with my wife's dish following five minutes behind, and it was undercooked. Art gallery is awesome.

• Visited June 2013
Shiloh, Illinois
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

For those who are looking for quiet dinning off the beaten path, The Vine is a must. It's an art gallery/wine bar/restaruant all rolled into one. Our dinner was delicious and we were allowed to wander around the art gallery with our wine while waiting for our food. We'll be back!

Visited May 2013
Osage Beach, Missouri
“A wonderful art gallery serving a nice selection of food & wine”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wonderful combination of food and wine offerings in an unusual gallery setting. We enjoyed the appetizers, entres, and especially the pastas we had that evening. Only down side for some--cocktails were not available. We were happy with the wine selections, however one of our party missed his favorite cocktail.

Visited September 2012
Hermann, Missouri
“Atmosphere made the experience!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Nice to see work by local artists, very interesting. Server could use some training (and help - she was slammed). Food was good, not excellent - but not horrible. A good value and a nice option for guests of Tan-Tar-A which is located right down Highway KK.

• Visited December 2012
Rebecca S, Manager at The Vine, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you so much for stopping by The Vine and taking the time to write a review. We have been training new staff as we have been quite busy. We hope to serve you again in the future and meet all your dining needs. Much thanks and Cheers