“Excellent Cheese Dip”

Mexicali Blues
Ranked #41 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We meet with friends there and only had drinks and some type of Fondue Stringy Cheese Dip. . . . awesome! Gotta try it if you go. The atmosphere was okay. We were seated back in the corner so I wasn't thrilled about that. . . the bar area was full and it was only 6:30. Happy hour was over at 6. Not thrilled about that but we should have gotten there sooner. Right on a main highway so easy to find. Go try the Fondudip if you go!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Went here this evening. Taco for $1. My wife and I had a very satisfying meal, sides and a couple of drinks for $20. People were unbelievably nice, great atmosphere. If you really like Mexican, give it a try.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great place to eat. Taco Tuesday--$1 tacos. Nice atmosphere, good serve help. Great food. Nice location. A little difficult to exit back onto the highway after dinner, but well worth the stop.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

For years we have looked for that special restaurant at the lake....you know, the one you can't wait to go back to on your visits here? Well alleluia I think we found it....with a little bit of difficulty thanks to new highways and an outdated GPS! These were THE best margaritas that I can recall ever having (and I've had a few here and there!) and the salsa was also the tastiest I've had. From the friendly greeting at the door to the attentive waitress with yummy food and drinks, this was a most pleasant experience. We tried the dip trio and particularly liked the slightly spiced queso blanco but the spin dip and guac were yummy as well. I had the seafood enchilada and it came with a unique but tasty sauce, almost like a bechemel....very interesting! I also thought the rice was some of the best i've tried, bery flavorful and none of those silly vegetables to get in the way! My friend had the chicken chimichanga and get this, although she enjoyed it immensely she did have one complaint...it had almost TOO much chicken! Originally we were concerned that we didn't see a dessert menu but turns out we were too stuffed to care but guessing some fried ice cream or a sopapilla would have been as awesome as everything else was! I highly recommend this place but take note it is on Highway 54, not the business loop and actually can't wait to go back for one of those margaritas!

1  Thank catlover324
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Mexicali Blues is an interesting name, after the border city between California and Mexico. It turned out to have lots of different but interesting tastes rather than the traditional, expected Sonoran Mexican food so popular in the United States. The chips and sauce were very good, with a new and different sauce that we could not identify. We also had an appetizer of Mexican Fireballs, similar to Jalapeno Poppers, but broken into smaller pieces of jalapenos; it was excellent for me, good for my wife. The Chili Relleno had sauce on it that enhanced it, but neither my wife nor I could identify it. The Taco Salad for me was good, but the sauce to pour onto it was even better, once again baffling its originals. We both added a $1 Taco to our regular meals, as it was a Thursday; both were ordinary. My wife had the unusual Mexican Pizza, and said it was very good. It had two crisp flour tortillas, with meat of choice and refried beans inside them and on top, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and cheese. (She had to take some home as she couldn't finish all that was in front of her.) Later, she said it reminded her of Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza except that it was much larger and much more tasty. House margaritas wee only $4, and were quite good. Recommended.

2  Thank Dunsmurian