“Food was decent, but service? Not so much.”
Review of Wobbly Boots

Wobbly Boots
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Soups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This is your friendly neighborhood bbq joint. We specialize in great comfort food (think hickory smoked meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy). Wobbly Boots has been praised by Southern Living, Golf Magzine, Lake Lifestyles, and the KC Star. Barbecue is the staple but the burgers, wings and soups are also fantastic.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Evidently we arrived late for dinner and while I understand that they could have not served us the first communication was our waitress meeting us at our table and saying, "Kitchen closes in 5 minutes". We were a bit taken aback because a "Hi, I'm ___________" would have been pleasant prior to informing us of the kitchen closure.

About 30 minutes later (though the kitchen was closing in 5 minutes) our food arrived. The pulled pork, brisket and fries were all served at room temperature. The chicken tenders were nice & hot. We didn't receive any waitress attention (outside of the order taking and drinks served) until after they noticed I was taking pictures of the food.

Suddenly the demeanor of the waitress changed, a smile was given and we were checked on more so than pre-camera. Unfortunately my husband and our daughter (that was the confirmation that it wasn't just me) noticed this and that was disappointing in itself.

As far as the taste of the food: the pork and brisket were both very moist, but again...served at room temperature (the plates weren't even warm) and there was a quarter sized amount of BBQ sauce on the pulled pork. Thankfully they do have extra sauce at the table so that's not a big deal. In their defense, they may do that on purpose due to the fact that not everyone likes their pulled pork, or brisket, saturated in BBQ sauce.

The sauce was very tasty and we each liked it alot. The atmosphere was nothing unique -- it's more a bar & grill than "roadhouse". It was clean. It's a small restaurant and you'll need to seat yourself. Most of the tables are the tall kind so I wouldn't recommend it for families with small children or infants. My 8 year old was struggling to get in the chair and she's above average height for girls her age.

I'll be honest that we have no intention of going back, which is a shame because we did love their sauce, but we MAY (may) go back in there when it's not so close to their kitchen closure (which was not specified ANYWHERE prior to our arrival of 9:55pm on a Friday - the 5th of July) We felt rushed, ignored and felt as if the waitress was more concerned with going home than doing her job.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

BBQ is tasty and worth a stop if you're in the area. Took 2 seats at bar - much better than waiting for a table - lines are long on weekend nights. Potato soup was tasty.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Friendly staff, great pricing. Handy location. BBQ is maybe not as good as what we're used to in Kansas city, but still a good option for the area.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our meal at Wobbly Boots was good. Not great, but good. The service was above average. I was hoping for more, but it wasn't bad.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Portions are HUGE.
I had the pulled pork sandwich that comes in a 5 oz and 8 oz size with a side of onion rings. The rings were done to perfection and big enough play frisbee (well, OK just a bit smaller). My wife had the chicken wings. Not only was the barbeque awesome, the wings are smoked first - not fried or baked. Add a couple of good brews and the evening was a hit.

Be prepared to wait though. We arrived and had a 40 minute wait because, apparently, we weren't the only ones who liked the place.