“Excellent food at affordable prices”

Domenico's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Lake Ozark, Missouri, United States
“Excellent food at affordable prices”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We are local to the Lake area, and very much enjoy Dominicos! We love the All you can eat Prime Rib special. Everything is always great!

Visited March 2012

Kansas City
“Old, tired and food becoming very average”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and I get here every year or so during lake visits. This last time, September, it seems to have really aged and seemed depressing. We were taken into the second overflow room even through there was plenty of room in the main room. Never feels right when you're the only two people in a big room at a restaurant (and we do wear shoes, shirts and dress up). Fortunately a few more folks were seated in there so felt better. We just don't think the food is as good as it has been in the past. My wife grew up in St. Louis and has experienced a lot of good Italian restaurants and was disappointed this time. Time to freshen the experience.

• Visited September 2012
Joplin, Missouri
“Average”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Italian food is a good price, but the other meals are a bit pricey. The bread wasn't what you would expect with Italian food, but was pretty good. I had the cannelloni and it was quite good. We enjoyed the decor and overall atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Trisha R
KY
“Just average...”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Just average food, and a little pricey, but the wait staff was great. It took a lot longer than we thought it should for our food, but it wasn't bad.

Visited October 2011
Wisconsin
“Not what I was expecting”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Having read a few of the reviews I should have paid more attention to the poor ones. The good ones far outnumbered the negative so I thought I'd give it a try.

Well the comments about the bar and decor being old and outdated were accurate. Plus the piped in music while Italian was so depressing it almost put me to sleep. After a fairly quick wait of 20 minutes and a beverage my wife we went in to eat. After looking at the menu and seeing the prices I am not sure what people thought was reasonable but they were steep. We both ended up with a pasta dish and ordered a side salad with the house dressing. While the dressing was good it was poured too heavily over the salad.

When they brought the bread it was warm dinner rolls? How do you not serve crusty italian bread at an expensive italian restaurant?

Then when the main courses (cannelloni and ravioli) arrived they asked if we wanted parmesan we said yes expecting fresh grated. He left the table and came back with a shaker jar, really? Dried cheese to sprinkle on the meal... Well the food was not terrible just not that great. All said and done our meal with two glasses of wine was $60 for canned pasta.

I do have to say that the service though was very good so I left a tip based on that, as the server is not reposible for the food.

Will not be back in the future. Had too many other very good meals in the area to not get what you should for the money.

• Visited August 2012