“Great Food”

Tirebiters
Ranked #26 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dixon Missouri
“Great Food”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was my first visit to Tirebiters and it will not be my last, looking forward to my next trip to the Lake so I can try something else on the menu. This is a bar with really good food. A friend and I shared a French Dip sandwich and another had their special for the evening, which was a marmalade Pulled Pork sandwich. We all chose the homemade fries and were very happy with our selections. We shared an appetizer of hand breaded stuffed jalapeno with crabmeat. I've ate at 7 other restaurants in the area over the last few years and Tirebiters, in my opinion, has been the best.

Our visit was a Thursday evening at the end of January, not exactly high season at the Lake, so I cannot relate to the slow service that some other reviewers mentioned. Quite frankly, give me a cold beer and a cigarette and I can happily wait all night without complaint. There was only one guy there who was the bartender and server and I found him very friendly and pleasant. Oh, and the beer was ice cold.

If you are a non-smoker and sensitive about it...not a place you may enjoy - unless your stomach overrules the smoke. The customers who were there that night seemed to be regulars and happy people. I found this establishment clean, warm and cozy.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank moxieme63

Shawnee, Kansas, United States
“Good food, terribly smoky”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Non smoker? Probably should pass. Nice menu with some unique dishes. I had wings which were breaded and then smothered in honey and maple syrup. Different but I liked them a lot, not too sweet and the breading had enough spice to fulfill that need. As a non smoker, it was a pretty bad environment in that regard. Certainly takes away from what could have been an enjoyable dining experience.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Michael D
“Horrible service”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Food is indeed good but the serice is beyond poor. Waited 45 minutes for just appetizers. Then another hour for our dinners. We are not a large party nor did we have difficult orders.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank shooter200
Wentzville, Missouri
“Nothing fancy but good food”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is an average size bar and restaurant at Lake of the Ozarks area off route 54. We went on a Friday night but were seated immediately which was surprising in this busy area. Our service was good and food delicious. I ordered cat fish and thought it to be the best I had ever eaten in the lake area. Will definitely go back. I noticed others had reviewed this as sort of a biker bar and we did not find that to be the case at all, at least not on the night we were there. I think smoking was allowed but we were fortunate to not have anyone around us smoking so we lucked out or maybe only was allowed in certain areas. Not sure. The place also has a large outside patio area for dining.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank JandM44
Sherman, Illinois
“Enjoyed our meal”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Have driven by Tirebiter's on other visits here and just had a good feeling about the place and decided to try it out. We liked the casual bar atmosphere and the attentive service of the waitresses. We found the food to be very good and reasonably priced. I had the catfish dinner and the catfish filet was hot until the end of the meal. Love that! The cole slaw that came with it was some of the best cole slaw I have ever had. Very fresh and I really enjoyed it. Lots of fries came with it. My husband also very much enjoyed his tenderloin and the fried macaroni and cheese that came on the side. That was really neat and I want to try to do something like this at home! Very good time at Tirebiter's and we will be back next year.

• Visited August 2013