“Watch out Make sure you check out in time”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Checking out work in the area. Booked for three nights , by the end of my first day realized the work was not there. Checked out at 4:30 was charged for the day. If real busy I would understand But all the hotels I have stayed ,which is many I was never charged for a late check out but once and they lost my business. Its kind of catch 22 but not really right . Just make sure you check out on time!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank wideurt
donnor, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

I am not quite sure how to respond: Posted checkout time is by 11:00 AM with late checkouts of noon or even 1:00 PM granted upon request. But departing at 4:30 PM and expecting no charge is really outside the normal scope of practice. By that time the housekeeping staff would have already serviced the room as a stay and probably left for the day. We regularly work with corporate and other frequent stay guests to accommodate special requests and circumstances - a practice we will continue. Thank you for the opportunity to reply to this matter now that it has come to our attention.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks

Reviewed June 16, 2010

We were in town for the DOCK DOGS competition at Dog Days Bar and Grill. I met my parents at the hotel. So, we had a total of 3 people and a dog. everyone was The staff was great, rooms were clean, and the pool was great for a nice hot day. Unfortunately the Breakfast was limited (about the only real complain we would have if we had one).The price was a little high but I guess that should be expected in a major tourist area during summer. I probably will stay there again when/if I go back for another Dock Dogs competition (I'll be back maybe next June)

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank BethL4
Reviewed October 31, 2009

We stayed at this motel on October 22 and 23. Our company always books in this hotel. This is our third year to stay at the motel, and it is not our choice BUT IT IS VERY CLEAN -WE WERE IN THE NON SMOKING BUILDING (all three years). Breakfast is not what you would find at a Marriott, Hampton, or Holiday Express - the food is very limited - they do have one waffle machine. The rooms are clean, comfortable, wireless, and good tv channel choices. It is away from the shopping area. We were at a business conference which was held at TanTara Resort, and Econ Lodge is close to the Resort If we were going to this area for a vacation with children I would not choose this motel. The swimming pool doesn't look like it would be good for many swimmers, and the parking lots is either up hill or down hill depending on which building you stay in. . We didn't have any difficulty with our billing as other reveiwers have mentioned.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank GoliteIowa

Thank you for the honest fact-based review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 15, 2009

DO NOT STAY HERE. I booked a room for 2 nights. When we got there the staff was rude. They were rude throughout the time there and even after. Every time I call I get a rude person. Anyway, we got in our room and it smelled like feces in the whole room. We went to request a new room and again the lady was rude. We got a new room and as we were leaving to see family I was looking at the pool. It looked so nasty I didn't want to swim in it but as I was looking the front desk lady screamed across the parking lot that it was closed. They have a policy of a 7 day cancellation, meaning if you book a room you must cancel 7 days before coming or you will be charged or else I would have left right then and there due to her attitude. We got back to the room late that night with 2 guests. Before we could take them home we passed out. The next morning I could not move I was so sore from the bed. It was rock hard. We went down to the office and told them we were leaving. They said they couldn't check us out because the manager was not there. That when he got back he would call us and refund the second night stay but it would be 12$ for the two extra people. We said fine but didn't receive any kind of receipt. About 5 days later I notice a charge from them for 151.26. The total for the two night stay. It has been a week and I cannot get a hold of the manager, and every time I call the rude person on the phone says he will be in later. He has not called me back. Today I get an email showing the charges and refunds. He charged 20 for the 2 extra people and even though he says he refunded the 74.99 for the second night he only refunded 60.75 according to the choice hotels rep. I will never stay there again and I warn you not to also. If you value your money and cleanliness don't stay there

Since then I have contacted the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint. I just got the letter response and as people have said here he lies. They said I was rude throughout the whole stay and that his staff couldn't possibly ever act that way. That "It is unfortunate that, especially with the advent of the internet, individuals with malicious agendas can slander legitimate enterprises such as ours with virtually no accountability'. All I wanted was a place to stay while visiting family for a funeral.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sjacobs01
Reviewed June 8, 2009

My wife and I booked a reservation thru Choice Hotels. We got there my wife went in and was checking in she said everything was fine and then when i walked in his whole demeanor changed, meaning my wife is black and Im white, so he was so rude we decided not to stay there so we told him we wanted to cancel,he had already taken a $40 deposit seperately so he wouldnt refund it so we said oh well keep it and we left. hours later we found out he charged our card another $100 we should have known something was wrong, the hotel was empty on a saturday afternoon and since we got home we found out he tried to charge another $100 we called to the hotel to find out what was going on, we talked to a young lady who said basically there is not anything we could besides call 1-800-4choice hotels...

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank heated
Reviewed March 23, 2009

EconoLodge bills itself as "pet-friendly" but will try to charge you big bucks upon check-out. That $20 pet deposit is really just a down payment on the $200 fee you'll most likely be facing at check-out time. It's a total scam.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank MissouriBigDaddy

Pet policy is fully disclosed to Guests upon arrival, as well as published through numerous other venues. The $20 charge is not a deposit as contended by commenter: It is a CHARGE, but only per stay, valid for up to one week/seven nights. Our property is comprised of two buildings: One of which is pet-friendly for our Guests traveling with pets and one that is explicitly NOT pet-friendly in order that we may cater to those Guests who for whatever health or other personal reasons prefer rooms where they can be assured that no animals have been quartered. We apologize for any misunderstanding and have redoubled our efforts to make sure that our Guests are fully informed of hotel policies.

Reviewed March 22, 2009

The manager, Don, has not changed from the horrible reviews in 2007 and 2008 - We had an experience like no other at this motel - DO NOT GO THERE!! unless you like to have a rude, inconsiderate, hateful and lying person (Don) to help you. He charged us 90 dollars for one night because we had our pet in a building that was not a "Pet Building" The lady that checked us in the night before,... put us in that building!! Which by the way he could not get in contact with the next morning. We paid our pet deposit as we should. However, since we were in that building we did not get our 40 security back. Our dog is totally trained and so no problem with that part...He was rude, sarcastic, and when we said we will review this online he said - "Go ahead and lie all you want" He should not be in this business, he is the most hateful person we have ever dealt with and should not be allowed to remain in it. We will do whatever we have to in order to get this most hateful man out of this motel!!!! DO NOT GO THERE!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
#8 of 12 in Lake Ozark
Inn At Grand Glaize
Inn At Grand Glaize
#13 of 15 in Osage Beach

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks? Share your experiences!