Tripadvisor
Osage Beach
Post
Inbox
Search

“Two Visits to Jeffery's”

Jeffrey's Prime Rib & Lobster
Ranked #8 of 109 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Description: RE -OPENING THURSDAY MARCH 5th, 2020 Thursday - Friday - Saturday for the month of March, then Wednesday Saturday starting in April.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have had dinner twice at Jeffery's. The first time, I think, was in 2018. I was a little disappointed, but I am not exactly sure why. As I recall, we were there early in the evening and the service was very good. So, maybe it was something about the food expectation. It certainly wasn't bad.

Our second visit, several months ago, was a totally different experience. The service was great, the food was outstanding and the atmosphere was very enjoyable. The restaurant is upscale and pricing is appropriate. Following that visit, I would and will certainly go again. In fact, we wanted to go this past weekend, but found that Jeffery's, like some other area restaurants, is closed for the winter off season here at Lake of the Ozarks, and will reopen on March 5th.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (127)

Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic! We would return again just for the salad alone - such a simple thing but their signature Vidalia onion dressing was amazing! As for entrees, my husband had the peppercorn steak and said it was the best he’s ever had, and I absolutely loved the cedar plank salmon. And the service was wonderful as well. If you’re looking for a special dinner in the area you will definitely not be disappointed here!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 1, 2019 via mobile

They are honest to the desire to offer a better place to dine. Great salad. Service was above expectation meat was very memorable. Solid offering

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed November 23, 2019

We always loved the Potted Steer and now we found the same onion rings here. The menu is limited but we always have a good meal here. Sad that the old golf course it sits on has gone to ruin, but we've seen deer and turkey out in the field most times we are there. Otherwise, not much of a view (but at least you aren't paying for the view). The dining room is pretty small and I wouldn't call it a great atmosphere or anything (not bad, just not great), but the food is always superb. This is where we always go because it's always a great meal and worth spending the money.

Reviewed October 22, 2019

I used to review every restaurant I experienced. These days I confine my reviews to incredibly great or deplorably horrible experiences. We were in the Ozarks for wife's birthday, I looked over this place on the web, was aware of their menu, their prices, chose to attend for special occasion. Arrived just before 7p 10-11-19 told 1/2 hour wait in the bar. No problem. Over the next hour we experienced abject rude avoidance from two staff members running the bar. Made eye and facial contact repeatedly with both watching them greet and hug regular customers without ever so much as speaking to us. We were seated just after 8:10 pm as the host walked us past an open 4 top and seated us at a tiny 2 top right next to a giant party. Just after that, the same host sat a couple I earlier recognized as regular customers at the 4 top. I can't evaluate the food here because the service up to this point left such a bad taste in my mouth I couldn't stomach the idea of ordering high priced food regardless of quality. After my wife exited the building in tears I approached the host who basically blamed me for not informing her of our treatment in the bar but the table seating was beyond her control. Ronald McDonald gives better service than Jeffrey's Lobster. IF you have a special occasion and driving there I suggest you keep on driving.

6  Thank zephyrt