“Just perfect!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Robin's Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Osage Beach
Robin's Resort
You added Robin's Resort to your Saves list
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
Orting, Washington
“Just perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Thanks to all the great TA folks we found this gem of a resort. The staff are wonderful. We are staying in the older building #5 and just love it. Decor is not old but as we like to call it nostalgic. We are right on the lake with our own patio, BBQ and table and chairs. One thing we love the most is waking up and having our mimosas looking out at this beautiful lake. The rooms are more like mini suites. Large kitchen fully stocked, dining room, sofa/hide a bed, wall mounted flat screen tv, two comfy clean beds in the bedroom and a nice bathroom. Feels like we are staying at a family cabin. You can rent fishing poles, jet skis and boats. We are already planning a trip back. I was so impressed that the owners actually post photos of what all the rooms look like. No deception here. The prices are just amazing for what you get. If you get a chance to stay in the area this place is a must for the value. We are still here and are going to extend our stay.

Room Tip: If you want brand new chose one of their beautiful condos but if you are ok with a little older room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sandinmyfeet

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Saint Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I'm glad we took the advice from other people on Trip Advisor! They were absolutely right! I'm going to write a very detailed description of our trip so you know exactly what to expect :0)

We stayed Labor Day weekend 2012 Saturday and Sunday. We had no trouble finding it. Its on Passover road. Coming from Camdenton make a right onto Passover, coming from the other way, make a left. Thats it. A few miles down the road you hit a sign to turn into Robins Resort. It is right on the water. You have a perfect view of the Grand Glaize Bridge. The mall is 5 minutes away. Its near food and the custard shops too. Its in a great location all the way around for sure.

When you pull down into the place you pass a couple of resort rooms on the left and directly in front of them is one of the pools, right past the pool on the right is where you check in. When I checked in I met Bill the manager, and Maggie one of the owners. They were both so friendly, and nice. Told me all that I needed to know about the resort. The game room is also attached to the check in desk area. It was cute, ping pong table, a few video games, and pool table. After taking a look we were on our way to room 1. This was the next building on the right. If you go past this building it is the two large newer condo type rooms with the screened in porches. We decided to stay in the original part of the Resort. Your parking spaces are right in front of your door..no steps. When you walk in its like a long rectangle. At the other end is a slider door with a balcony to look out to the lake.

I'll tell you that the pics that are on the website directly depict exactly what the room looks like. It did have panneling, and did look a bit late 80s. I don't mean that to be a negative thing. Just letting you know that the pics you see on the website are what you get. It didn't bother us at all. Everything was pristine clean (clean and in working order is what I expect). We have twins that are turning 4 and also an 11yr old. I brought some blankets with me for the floor for them to play on, because I wasn't sure how clean it would be. I didn't need them lol. The floor was emaculate, no stains. Even under the beds was very well vacummed. The linens, and couch were clean. Nothing smelled. In fact I know the room is probably a smoking room cause of the ashtray under the sink. No smell at all. Also I was not congested the next day like I usually am when I stay in a hotel. The air conditioner worked really well. I had to adjust temps because I would get cold even lol. I looked at the filter, and it was clean, had been vacummed recently.

As for sleeping in the beds, the pillows were puffy. The beds are not pillow top in this room. They weren't bad to sleep on. But they weren't the pillow top I'm used to at home. My back didn't hurt or anything so I was good lol. My 3 kids were all able to sleep in the California King, which was very cute! We slept in the Queen bed by the slider door.

The kitchen had pretty much everything I needed. I would suggest bringing your favorite cooking skillet or whatever you use the most. Thats what I did. There were plates and utensils, and cooking pots and a skillet. I knew there was no dishwasher, so I brought paper plates :0) But there is dish soap, hand towels, wash cloths, paper towels and a dish strainer to wash with. The inside of the fridge was completely clean, so was the coffee pot. Make surrrre you ask for creamer if you want it. The office doesn't open till 8am. Its not provided unless you ask. I learned that one the hard way. Only because I forgot, its clearly stated that you need to ask for it. And also there were 2 coffee filters, I guess since we planned to stay for 2 days lol. If you plan on drinking more coffee grab a few more filters from them too. Bill was really nice when I went over and asked for the creamer, right at 8am :0) not a big deal at all.

The kitchen door has just a door handle lock, no slide lock at the top. Which would be fine except one of my twins is an escape artist. So at night I just took a few of the chairs and put them in front of the door, so I could hear him if he decided he might venture out. He never did, but better safe than sorry.

Also another thing there isn't a lan phone in there. I didn't care, we all have cell phones. The bathroom had plenty of towels, hand soap and one bar soap inside the tub. The bathroom was emaculate. The toilet looked brand new it was so clean. No hair dryer. I had brought mine thankfully. The water pressure of the shower wasn't amazing, but it did the job and had a water softener. To ge the shower to come on pull down on the ring of the spout that the water comes out of on the tub faucet- I'm telling you because I couldn't figure it out--and my husband couldn't either...lol..yes..I had to call the front desk. I felt like a total dork. Bill said no worries, its a common question lol. But still..I'm trying to save you the embarassment! If you want new towels you have to put them in a basket thats provided and put take them right across from your room. I think its like from 9-12 for towel exchange. We didn't do this since we stayed 2 nights. I just hung them to dry over the shower rod.

The cable and flat screen tv worked great. It had a built in dvd player. Also free wifi. Which was great. I brought my computer and my kids were able to watch netflix. I was surprised the wifi connection speed was fast enough for netflix (not in hd, but it was still crystal clear I just unchecked hd on my options). I've stayed other places and was not able to watch Netflix. This worked out great for me, especially in the evening when the kids were winding down.

Something else you should know is that when you leave or throughout I guess if you have a lot of trash, you are responsible for bringing it to the dumpster. My husband just put it in the back of the truck and we put it in when we left. It was no big deal at all really, if you don't do it though there is a $25 charge :0) so take the trash out lol.

I guess my only complaint that bothered me was the iron bars that went around the deck. They were spaced way to far apart. My twins are almost 4. They are my shadow, so If I was on the deck, they wanted to be too. They could easssily fit through them. I was a nervous wreck everytime I went out there with them. I was so afraid they would fall through them. Its not like its a far drop. Maybe 10ft. but thats enough, when its concrete below. Just something to think about when your picking a room. There were 4 rooms below us with the same view. Also in the other original complex next to us by the pool they had wooden deck slats that looked closer together. If you stay in the newer resort section (condo type) all of their decks are screened in.

Our view was just amazing, day and night. The whole complex was clean all around the grounds. I walked around the whole place and checked it out. The pools were clean (we didn't swim cause it was rainy off and on). The hot tubs were also clean. You can rent fishing poles if you want to. There were alot of people fishing down at the boat docks. You can rent boats too. There are bbq grills for each room to use. The newer complex grills are these huge stainless gas grills. The original complex has nice grills too though. Didn't use them, but had everything we needed if we chose to.

We felt safe here. We heard no loud partying. Seems like the walls are really well insulated. We didn't even hear people leaving. All of they people I talked to seemed to have the same opinion, that they liked it. A few I talk to have been coming for years. Oh they even had some security out walking the grounds. Probably because it was a busy weekend. I talked to one of them, he said they only hire Police Officers to do security, that way if someone is out of line they get arrested then and there. Their not playin' lol. Kidding aside...I was glad for this. Its nice to feel safe especially when your kids are with you.

We stayed Sept 1 and 2nd. 2012 so the summer rates were still in effect. A day later they went down. Our cost was 115 per night. I thought this was great for one Californina King bed and one Queen bed and a Kitchen! Total with tax was 254.10 Also to let you know I had to pay a deposit of 115 when I booked the room. I am not sure if this is always the policy or if it was just because it was a holiday weekend. Read their cancel policy also. I don't think they refund if you cancel. They just book you another time you can come.

Check out is at 10am. When I left I turned in my survey. If you do your put in a drawing to get 10% off your next stay. Bill was very polite again when we left. I ran into Maggie again too. She had a big smile on her face and was very cheerful and happy, and asked us about our stay.

I took a lot of pictures, I hope they all upload correctly to Trip Advisor. (So far it only let me upload 3..bummer I'll try somehow to get the rest on...cause there is alot more of the resort)

We had a very memorable vacation, and were so glad we came to Robins Resort. Hope your stay is wonderful too.

-Sissy

Room Tip: Visit their website they have a resort map. This will guide you to how close you are to the two poo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SissyandBud
KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stay here whenever we fish a tournament out of Osage Beach. It's always comfortable and clean and it's great to be just across from the launch ramp for the tournaments. It almost feels like coming home when we go and Bill, the manager, is always great.

Room Tip: Liked the ground floor rooms so that we don't have to lug fishing gear up steps.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This resort added two newer condo type buildings, which is where we stayed in a one bedroom one. The one we stayed in was called a "wedge' room and was especially roomy with the bedroom with a kingsize bed, a full bath with two sinks, and another bath with one sink & a shower, a good size kitchen and very large family room with 2 sofas. What was also a nice feature is the screened in porch overlooking the water - it was quite large with plenty of extra room besides the table and chairs they provide. I believe all of them have these screened in porches. The condo was very clean and the kitchen is well equipped. In addition to the room the two pools are small but nice. We will definitely recommend this resort and hopefully come back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Epping, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Had a fan static stay at this location. The staff were very friendly. The accommodation was roomy with good air condition. The views were amazing and there was access to pools and bbq's as well as on sight boat hire. It created a very relaxed atmosphere with friends. Lots of bars and nightlife within twenty minutes of the resort.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Pook81
St. Louis, Mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Just returned from a quick trip to Robin's Resort for our anniversary. We had a great stay as always. We have been coming to Robin's Resort for years and love the location on the lake and short drive (or walk 1.5 mile) to strip and outlet mall. We LOVE the screened porches at the edge of the water and spend a lot of time watching the boats go by. We are always impressed with how well maintained the grounds and the units are. The units still have the feel of being new. Hope to get back again soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ankeny, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here over memorial day weekend and it seemed to be pretty full. We stayed in an older one of their rooms but It had everything we needed. Courteous staff. Clean room. Easy access to boats and pools. Nice clean grounds. Parking was decent. Wasn't loud even being by the docks. Air conditioner worked great. Shower was ok. Hot water though. Lots of charcoal and gas grills to use. Had we of known we would have taken a room on the top floor but we did not know at the time of booking the room that it was an option. We would stay here again. It was comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012
Lodge of  Four Seasons
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark
3.5 of 5 stars 911 reviews

Been to Robin's Resort? Share your experiences!