“It ain't Bentley's. Not even close.”

Michael's Steak Chalet
Ranked #22 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 54
Description: For over 20 years, Michael's Steak Chalet has been delighting steak lovers at the Lake of the Ozarks. Perched on a cliff and overlooking the lake at the 28 mile marker, Michael's Steak Chalet is just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Osage Beach, Missouri. Serving dinner daily from 5:00pm, you and your guests will enjoy a beautiful sunset dinner in our cozy dining room or weather permitting, settle in under the stars outside on our patio overlooking the lake. Famous for our Prime Rib, that is slow roasted every evening for 16 hours, Michael's also offers generous cut tender filets and strip steaks. All are aged 28 days, hand trimmed and cooked to your temperature. We also offer a wide variety of sea food including Grilled Salmon, Blackened Tuna, or an 8oz Lobster Tail. Consider Michael's Steak Chalet for your next meeting, reception or special event. Let our professional staff cater to your needs, however specific they may be.
Tipton, Missouri
“It ain't Bentley's. Not even close.”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is located high on a bluff overlooking the Lake of the Ozarks. In Osage Beach it is also in the nearby lake area that includes the town of Lake Ozark which has a great restaurant, Bentley's. Thus the comparison. Michaels touts a prime rib. We both ordered medium rare. Served expeditiously by pleasant server, Rhonda, the service looked great. Oops. While tender the prime was without taste and adding salt and the accompanying au jus did not enhance the lack of flavor. Best said, we took a majority of the servings home to add flavor and make steak-veggie soup. The view would be more spectacular if the windows were clean. Such disappointment to try to view what should be a beautiful sunset over the spectacular lake.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ray S

Ankeny, Iowa, United States
“Unusually delicious food with charming view of Lake at the Ozarks!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our first visit here at Michael's, despite coming to the Lake many years. The reputation has long preceded our visit with 2 other couples. Prime rib was huge, slow-cooked 16 hours, as done each day--best ever eaten. Tuna steaks ( one plain and one blackened) very tasty, tender. Orange roughy prepared nicely in wine and lemon butter without being too strong. All generous proportions , good salads and huge baked potatoes. Wine selection extensive. Service was excellent, very friendly, attentive. Prices ranged per meal from mid-$20s to mid-$30s. We left realizing we spent more than usual, but well worth it because of the quality and preparation of the meals!

• Visited October 2013
Imperial, Missouri
“Good food and view”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband took me here for my birthday. Our waiter was very friendly. The food was good. The view was great. The dress was casual to my suprise.

Visited September 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“World's Best PRIME RIB!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am not normally a prime rib eater, but this IS advertised as a steak restaurant. I was in the mood tonight for beef. And my wife and I had never been to this restaurant. But she found it on Open Table, so we decided to give it a try on a vacation evening in Osage Beach, MO.

I love beef, and I am normally a filet mignon guy. But tonight I just decided to try the prime rib. And I am glad I did. Normally prime rib is a little tough, which is why I normally go for the filet. HOWEVER, this was absolutely the most tender, the best prime rib I have ever had in my life. And I was on the road with my job for 36 years prior to my retirement, so I do know beef....... And this was, hands down, the best prime rib I have ever had.......

We are looking forward to returning to Michael's Steak Chalet later on this month when we return to the Lake Of The Ozarks area with some friends for a few days of golf, dining, and the ladies will be shopping.

• Visited September 2013
Baldwin City, Kansas
“This is the place to estate the lake!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

WOW! Best steak at the lake. I love this place! The owner, Ronnie the bartender, and Sofia our waitress made our experience at the lake one of the most enjoyable and memorable evenings ever. I highly recommend this restaurant without any reservations.

• Visited August 2013