“Meh”

Cuisines: American, French, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Went with my in-laws and husband for breakfast - the food was okay, but I couldn't justify the price (happily, the in-laws were paying). I had the Eggs Benedict, which was good, but not good enough to order again. The real stars of the show were the beignets - perfectly crisp and with a delicious raspberry jam. I think I would order these for the table, split a breakfast entree and call it a day.

I think they try really hard to be "fancy", but it comes across as "Lake fancy" - faux Tuscan decor and overpriced food. If you've never been here, try it, but be conscious of the price.

3  Thank ahughes517

Reviewed May 22, 2011

This looks like a nice place.We were asked by the guard for seating to wait for 20 min.even though they had tables open.
No wonder they were closed

4  Thank MOJIM
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I was in town and searching for a yummy breakfast. When arriving I was greeted and sat immediately but waited quite awhile for someone to greet and get my drink order. I let the server know it was my first time and she didn't provide any menu guidance of specialty items or drink suggestions. I ordered the California eggs Benedict and they were delicious but order the large if you're hungry because it definitely didn't fill me up.
Overall I liked the atmosphere but felt it was way overpriced for what you get. I probably will not return when in town.

3  Thank miggilea6303
Reviewed November 23, 2010

We got there close to 3PM. We just wanted some bakery items for the next morning's breakfast & a bedtime snack that night. Everything looked soooo Good that it was really difficult to make a decision. And Wonder of Wonders - after 3PM, all non-refrigerated bakery items go on sale for 1/2 price! We had to make some decisons fast because by then some competition had come in to buy up what they could. We ended up getting much more than we had planned but let me assure you, nothing went to waste. Every item was delicious! I perused the menu while we were waiting & found it to be very interesting. We will definitely be lunching here on our next trip through which is about once a year.

3  Thank ShirlM
Reviewed September 17, 2010

My mom and I do a yearly shopping trip to Osage Beach from St. Louis and On the Rise has become our go to stop to energize for a full day of shopping! Great breakfast food, cute atmosphere, and great coffee! We even pick up coffee beans to take home with us! Oh On the Rise you should really open up a location in STL so we don't have for our yearly shopping trip to indulge in your goodness!

3  Thank MC722005