“Excellent service, nice food.”
Review of Avalon Brasserie Sydney - CLOSED

Avalon Brasserie Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Newly renovated, modern and stylish. The brasserie is located meters away from the beach.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely meal with friends on a busy Saturday night. The service was excellent, our waitress was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. The menu had good variety and entrees were a good size although mains were very small. I would happily go again although it wouldn't be my first choice of restaurants in Avalon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

glamour without the price tag, service friendly and attentive, food delicious and well presented, fantastic all round for something casual and even a little formal, you would comfortable bringing your friends here.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

A friend and I dined at Avalon Brasserie last night. We couldn't fault the service but have decided we won't be going again for the following reasons: as with other reviews the hard surfaces make for a noisy experience and difficulty in actually hearing the conversation; the menu was varied but physically too large - there wasn't any room to put it down without rearranging the table! The servings were a good size but we both commented that every single dish we had from the tapas to the mains were laden with salt which dominated the taste. I had the blue swimmer crab linguini - the delicate flavour of the crab was completely overpowered by both the parsley and the salt. The wine list was excellent but the overuse of salt made us go through two litres of water!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I went last night with an open mind after reading opposing reviews. We were welcomed with a smile and promptly shown to our table. From here on the service was impeccable and professional. The food was by far the best we had since moving to the northern beaches 12 months ago. I had the sirloin, perfectly cooked with a wonderful red wine jus, served simply with chipped potato. My husband had the pork fillet with apple...... Delicious! We added perfectly cooked beans as a side.
Tiramisu for desert didn't let us down. We could not fault a thing all night. Thanks to the chef and to the floor staff. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Two of us ate lunch July 9. In a word awesome. We sat outside under an umbrella and had an absolute ball. Firstly the waitresses Emily and Wendy were exceptional both in personality and product knowledge and the owners should be congratulated on their professionalism. The menu is Italian based, not extensive but most diverse. Entrees run.around $ 14 and mains up to $28. Servings are generous and plate appeal is perfect. May I absolutely recommend the veal rolls as a main stuffed with spinach purée and covered in a piquant tomato dressing. My charming companion had the blue cod , equally delicious. The layout is friendly and spacious and the ambiance is relaxed. They are fully licensed but the wine list is not a rip off. This is just what Avalon needs and a summer day lunch there is essential.