“Good stay”

Parkside Inn Odessa
Parkside Inn Odessa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Odessa
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Am surprised with the reviews I agree management is not great but the room we got was very clean. We asked for iron and certain accessories and got it with no complaints. The only thing I can say is you get what you pay for. I will come back based on out experiance and ok service

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Tara816paz

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Upon arrival we had to wait 15 minutes for the night manager to answer the door. He was short with us, wouldn't listen to our needs and did not give us the room we needed due to disabilities. The room was dirty and cold. When we turned the heater on it kept blowing the curtains open so anytime the heater came on the curtains opened to the parking lot. The fridge ended up not getting cold so our food spoiled. Alarm clock did not work. Less than half a roll of toilet paper in the room. Holes in the comforter and linens. In the morning went to take a shower. Tub was dirty, surround was deteriorated and towels were stained and did not smell clean. We advised the manager of the conditions being inferior and he told us he did not want to hear it, he began yelling at us and upon leaving cursed at us. If you are in or around Odessa, keep driving to the next town to find a place to stay. This place is awful.

Room Tip: Head west to Grain Valley or Blue Springs or East to Warrensburg for clean reasonably priced hotels...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Coavsfan
Reviewed February 15, 2014

After 8 yrs off & on I've had no problems staying there & great cust service. They now have a new manager who doesn't listen & yells @ customers. I was bit twice at night, the caulking was so bad it looked like mold was growing in the bathroom. Towels stained, tub stained, cob webs and dirt behind furniture. Fridge, microwave not plugged in, our food spoiled. Clock did not work. Asked for handicapped room, not given one. The manager said he didn't want to hear it that there was nothing wrong it was my problem & I never requested a handicapped room. My husband & I were mortified that he said he didn't care & denied everything. The rooms have never been great, but, this was the worst room & person we have ever dealt with. We moved to comfort inn cause I was afraid to even get in the shower. It was like night & day. Worth driving 15 minutes to stay in a safe, clean, & to deal with people who know what customer service is. It was horrific & if I had brought my kids we would have left before we checked in because his attitude was so ugly. We will NEVER stay there again. He wouldn't even give us the owners information. I assume it was because he was fully aware of the condition of the rooms and his poor attitude with customers. The young manager that used to work there was wonderful. This old man who works there now has no personal or customer service skills.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We have stayed at this location 3 times in the past 15 yrs because of the convenient location to our destination. It seems to get worse each time. It took 4 hrs for our room to get warm. We had to sleep in jackets. The floor was cominng up in the bathroom and overall it is outdated. However, I must say that for the price, it had a decent bed, TV that worked and a hot shower.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We travel with our 8lb pooch so we don't get to stay in a lot of 'name' motels. This one was well located for our travel and is pet friendly. Desk person was competent and friendly. Room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I stopped here with our 3 month old baby on Christmas day as we were traveling through the area on our way home. We were very thankful to have been able to stop at the Parkside Inn and found the rooms to be cozy and clean. The manager warmed our hearts with his kindness. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am trying to be fair,however, this was overall a bad experience that I feel other travelers should be aware of. We arrived late due to traffic and found this location difficult to find off the main highway in the dark. The address does not do well with Garmin GPS or google maps.The manager was not customer friendly and caused us to get lost until we finally located it on our own. The parking lot is used by local drivers to avoid the near intersection so it is used as an alternate highway/race track. The rooms are in ill-kept condition and the surrounding tenants appear to be involved in questionable activities. All in all we were glad to be on the road again with our car not violated early the next day and will not rebook this place. I will most likely drive farther next time and book closer to Kansas City, MO.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Parkside Inn Odessa? Share your experiences!