“Nice experience - watch out for flying shrimp”

Kitaro Bistro of Japan
Ranked #29 of 192 Restaurants in O'Fallon
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I came here for dinner with some coworkers while traveling on business in O'Fallon. The restaurant has a wide variety of sushi plates to choose from. We did the hibachi grill experience where a chef prepared all of our food at the grill built into our table. After cooking our food, the chef tossed shrimp in the air for us to catch with our mouths. The food was good, but very expensive for the taste. I guess you are paying for the experience. There is an 18% tip added on to your bill with groups of 6+. There is a hibachi special if you eat really early or eat really late.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I think this is a awesome restaurant! Very fun atmosphere, very awesome staff. we love it!
Very fun Hibachi room. The chef we had was fun and the food was delicious.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

i spent 40 dollars on three orders of egg rolls. two tiny soups, and a bowl of noodles.
Everything was very bland.. and fried.
i asked for spring rolls that were not fried. They didnt have any.
And the person who answered the phone said they didn't have many vegetarian items.
What? Isn't this japanese food?
I feel ripped off and I can not believe that place is in business

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had to get up and find our server to put in an order because we hadn't seen him for almost half an hour. Then, he came back and asked us for our order again because the order was erased from the card we gave him. We had to wait awhile to get plates for our sushi, and never got the beer that was ordered. The sushi was falling apart as we ate it. Then, we waited half an hour to get our bill returned just to find out that the server lost our credit card. We had to cancel the card and make a trip to the bank the next day. The manager never came out to apologize. We waited so long for everything that we were at this restaurant for 2 hours. NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE! We will never return. The service did not match the price point. I wouldn't even expect that kind of service from Mcdonalds.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've been here @ 10 times, mostly for a celebration, and had generally good food at the hibachi table. I agree the food can be salty, but I think if asked, the chef would adjust the sauce. Love their "yumyum" sauce, and the chicken is great too.