“We Won't Be Back”

Kitaro Bistro of Japan
Ranked #22 of 192 Restaurants in O'Fallon
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
O'Fallon, Missouri
“We Won't Be Back”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had to get up and find our server to put in an order because we hadn't seen him for almost half an hour. Then, he came back and asked us for our order again because the order was erased from the card we gave him. We had to wait awhile to get plates for our sushi, and never got the beer that was ordered. The sushi was falling apart as we ate it. Then, we waited half an hour to get our bill returned just to find out that the server lost our credit card. We had to cancel the card and make a trip to the bank the next day. The manager never came out to apologize. We waited so long for everything that we were at this restaurant for 2 hours. NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE! We will never return. The service did not match the price point. I wouldn't even expect that kind of service from Mcdonalds.

• Visited October 2012

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Entertainment, restaurant-style”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've been here @ 10 times, mostly for a celebration, and had generally good food at the hibachi table. I agree the food can be salty, but I think if asked, the chef would adjust the sauce. Love their "yumyum" sauce, and the chicken is great too.

• Visited October 2012
O'Fallon, Missouri
“ok”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The food was ok. We had a coupon so that is why we chose to go there. The atmosphere was wearhouse style, so romantic it was not. It was fairly busy for Thurs. We started with drinks. Wine list is small and typical price. Beer was expensive. My husband had 23 oz draft Japanese beer for $7.50. Appetizer, coconut shrimp with pineapple chutney, was the Best thing we had and for $7 you got a lot. The shrimp needed a little salt, but when you ate it with the chutney it was really good. My husband and I got their most popular entree, the Bento Boxes. I had the shrimp and scallops $22 and it was ok. There wasn't a whole lot of flavor but there was a lot of food. My husband got the General Tsos Chicken $20 it again was ok. For dessert we got their most popular dessert, Tempura ice cream. My husband liked his first couple of bites, but then it go old, fast. Overall I think there are better restaurants in St.Charles for this kind of money. If you go the only thing I can recommend was the appetizer.

• Visited September 2012
Saint Louis Missouri
“Good hibachi!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you want to eat the Hibachi grill this is great. I don't eat sushi, so I can't comment on that, however my friend wasn't impressed with the sushi. I have also eaten in the actual restaurant side where you order off the menu and are served restaurant style........ and I wasn't too happy with my meal... too little for too much, and the food wasn't great. The hibachi grill we have had several times however and have always been happy and have had a lot to eat! Have eaten here several times and will be visiting again soon.

Visited April 2012
Saint Peters, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grandson's birthday.”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great service, the family got the little show in the back room with the knives & vegetables. I ordered the Thursday night all-you-can eat-crab leg special for $24.00 Overall good experience. My husband wants to go back already!

• Visited July 2012