“next time I make sure we book a non smoking hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Louis West-O'Fallon

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Louis West-O'Fallon
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in O'Fallon
Tacoma, Washington
“next time I make sure we book a non smoking hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

we are traveling east to west coast. This was our 2nd stop and I do admit I should have paid better attention that this was a hotel that allows smoking in their rooms. the room was ok but again everything smelled like smoke and we are both non smokers. Luckily it was only for one night. It was also right after the area had some bad weather and apparently some people were staying there that were in a bad mood. i usually enjoy breakfast but we ended up sitting in the conference room because they ran out of room and so I just had a yogurt and a banana. My husband had normal breakfast but it was just ok. We did try to change our room by the way but because some ball teams were there and the storm people we were unable to do so. So that the hotel gets overrun sometimes is true. I do like that they are pet friendly and there is plenty of space to walk them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Louis West-O'Fallon, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Sil P,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and leaving our property a review. I am very sorry to know that you found this stay to be less than exemplary due to the condition of the room you were given and breakfast situation being sub standard. I have taken note of your feedback and these will be forwarded to the appropriate departments to consider for enhancements needed on site.

Again, thanks for the candid review and we hope you give us another opportunity in the future to host you again and change your perception about our hotel.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We visit this area several times a year but this was our first stay at this hotel. I read many reviews and was hesitant to book because of the comments about hotel being overrun with ball teams etc. well I can tell you we stayed over Memorial Day weekend and there were lots of kids and ball teams and they were all having fun and well behaved. The breakfast was very busy, they opened an additional dining room and the extra staff made sure the buffet kept moving and everyone got served timely. We had only a couple of issues which I think could be addressed when booking. There is only 1 elevator in the hotel! And the staff use it too, even though they were very polite and let guest go first. Waiting for the elevator in the mornings tried my patience and I would request a 1st or even second floor room and use the stairs. The second issue was again a 4th floor issue, there were smoking rooms on the 4th floor and the halls smelled like smoke. This is a nice place for a family visit the pools, indoor and outdoor, were fun but the hot tub was cold! One more comment... Bring a couple of light bulbs if you have a suite. I know hotels are trying to cut down on frivolous electric use, but I have old eyes and I couldn't see anything, (especially in the kitchen area) unless I carried it into the bedroom and looked in the sunlight.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st or 2nd floor because there is only 1 elevator
Memphis, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

In spite of some other reviews, this isn't a new HIE. It appears to be rather dated in terms of the carpet and room furniture. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but the carpet is in need of replacement.

The area is wonderful. It is safe, and near restaurants, gas, etc. Access is easy off/easy on the interstate. The desk staff was pleasant and efficient - as one should expect. The room was clean and supplied with the essentials.

However, I am finally taking the time to express three frustrations with HIE that appear to be nationwide. First, the pillows that obviously come from central supply are HORRIBLE. We are Gold Rewards members, so we stay in many HIE's across the country. All pillows are HORRIBLE. When I know I am staying in a HIE, I try to remember to bring my own pillow. Hampton Inn's pillows and bedding are far superior. Secondly, it is obvious that HIE trains their housekeeping staff everywhere to jam the sheets so far down that they only come up to a person's armpits when laying with one's head on the pillow. I find this at all HIE's ... and I hate it. My first task at all HIE's when I check in is to re-make the bed. This is beyond irritating. And then I have to continue to do this the duration of my stay, because when my room is freshened daily, the short-sheeting begins anew. To your corporate trainer ... please reconsider this ridiculous method of making a bed. Lastly is the issue of Handicapped accessible rooms. I am blessed to be fully ambulatory, and putting me in a HA room is not my preference. I am happy that you offer these rooms for the guest who needs this level of service. But it is not a preferred room for your other guests. I suggest that you make it regular practice to advise your guest that this is all you have, and give me the option of accepting the reservation or the room.

This is in no way a rant against having the room. I have a dear friend who is a quadriplegic, and I resent terribly the large population who abuse handicapped parking placards. The room is needed ... just not for me. Please inform me before I complete my reservation.

To summarize on this property - great location and acces; clean and maintained property. This is an average HIE, so if that is what you are looking for - this is a good choice.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Louis West-O'Fallon, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear jhill1229,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am so glad you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area and the cleanliness of our property. I would like to apologize you were not satisfied with the quality of our pillows and how we make the beds. I am sorry for the issues you had with our handicap rooms. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to O'Fallon, MO.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wright City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We spent a night here while our well at our home was being repaired. Aftet check in, I noticed the room was not very cool. We decided to give it some time & went to supper. When we returned, I mentioned this to Michelle, the manager on duty, who said if it hadn't cooled off to call her, which we did. She was at our door within 5 minutes with the key to a 2 room suite, which she had upgraded us to for our trouble! Defintily above & beyond. We have had good experiences with this chain in the past & will be staying with them again.

Kahoka, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were booked for May 3&4. We were going to be in the area for a softball tournament. It poured down rain so our team was forced to cancel out of the tournament. I called the hotel to ask how long I had to cancel without being charged for the room. They were extremely nice and understood completely. They said I had until 6:00pm the 3rd to cancel, and assured me there was no problem at all, that they were sorry we would not be able to play in the tournament, and said they hoped we could make it some other time. If the stay is as comfortable as the phone conversation, we will definitely look forward to staying there some other time.

Leawood, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Many of us were traveling back from a Spring Break trip from Florida back to K.C. when we ran into the ice/snow storm of the decade. Long story short, our drive stopped here. Christy, the G.M. and her staff suddenly had 32 unplanned guests in her lobby. Tammy who was running the front took care of getting each family checked in professionally and with a smile the entire time. Everyone was able to get into their respective rooms early. The cleaning staff was equally professional yet all the time with a smile. Christy opened up the lobby, breakfast area and the meeting area for us to gather. We actually had a ball. What could have been a real bummer of an event turned out great due to She and her staff. The hotel itself is very nice. Newly updated and spotless. Rooms were great with several options. Everything in the rooms were new and worked perfectly. There was not one complaint by anyone in our group. In fact nothing but compliments and a big thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express layout and room design. The inn has a nice indoor pool and well equipped exercise area with multiple machines. The breakfast is good--though needing a few more healthy items. The front desk employees were extremely helpful and courteous. The room was clean and had appropriate personal items. I had noisy people over my room, but the lack of sound insulation is typical of current motel construction sadly. Even a sound machine was inadequate in this instance.

Room Tip: Sound buffering is typical as most HI Express. Get a room on upper floor if you don't want to h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near O'Fallon
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis/O'Fallon
Wingate by Wyndham St. Charles
Wingate by Wyndham St. Charles
#180 of 1,106 in Missouri
Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Louis West-O'Fallon? Share your experiences!