“Very good Mexican food...great atmosphere”

La Chata Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #135 of 192 Restaurants in O'Fallon
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Saint Peters, Missouri
“Very good Mexican food...great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

Great Mexican food, and great atmosphere. A guitar player strolls from table to table singing to all of the guests. My only complaint is that our waitress was WAY undertrained. She was nice enough, but clueless as to what she was doing. I ordered a frozen margarita, but was told they only have them on the rocks, but I could get a frozen strawberry. Huh? Your blender doesn't work for a lime margarita? I told her that the only difference is that a frozen is just blended, and she told me that no, they don't offer a frozen margarita. Whatever, it wasn't worth arguing about, but I only wish they would train their staff a bit better.

• Visited October 2010
1 Thank DU1975

O'Fallon, MO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chili Rellenos I have eaten anywhere in the U.S.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

We dine at La Chata's frequently. Without a doubt the best chili rellenos I have eaten anywhere in the United States --- and I am originally from Southern California, where they have great Mexican food. This is not a fancy restaurant. It is family owned and is located
in a strip mall. But the food is authentic and wonderful, the portions generous, the service is friendly and the prices are very reasonable.

Our only complaint is that sometimes on week-nights they will have a local kid singing
in the dining room. It is not only annoying, it is also embarrassing. This is not a problem on the week-ends.

A great dining experience.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Bobb3000
St Augustine Beach
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

Love this place, the food is awesome. Just like my mom use to make. This place takes me back home everytime I get home sick or a hangover. Luticia is a wonderful woman & a great cook & her brother is the best bartender around. If you feel like eat authentic Mexican food then come here, you won't be disspointed...

2 Thank Travelingemini