“Average hotel- Nice breakfast at a cost”

Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis/O'Fallon
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in O'Fallon
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have stayed here twice now. Rooms are well appointed and clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. Just a couple of complaints. Outside doors sometimes don't let you in with your key. TV channel changing requires patience and the program will pixellate or stop all together for a long time. Breakfast tastes great and with lots of options. However, if you want something quick and free, you don't get that here. No happy hour either but did have a small bar.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were in town for a wedding so we only needed the hotel room for a short stay but it was worth it! The staff was very polite. I was able to check in and out very quickly without any issues. The hotel was very clean and well kept. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had a recent stay at this hotel and as a long time Hilton Honors person and someone that has stayed about a year ago at this location - this visit was not really up to my expectations.
Overall the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful with my stay and the first issue about room 140 I will share. The lobby is clean and overall the rooms are clean. My room(s) both had cofee makers & a frig.
Here is the areas that I think have me a bit disappointed:
- As a long time Hilton Honors member I have a profile for type of rooms to be given (high floor, away from elevators & ice machines). My first room (140) was on the first floor basicially behind the front desk area. All night long on my first night I was woke up on what seemed like every 30 minutes by a door closing and the normal hotel latching sound. When I left the room in the morning it became clear my room door was directly across the hallway from a door that noted Staff Entrance (I assume it was to the office/front desk area). I complained and they switch my room to room 310. This room was quiet and spotlessly clean (as was room 140 clean). My question is what is being done to correct this room 140 situation for the next guest. It doesn't matter who the guest is - anyone given room 140 is going to woke up all night. Either close that room off or change the latch on the staff door to something quiet.
Point two - both rooms I struggled to get comfortable with the bed and did not sleep well. This is from a business traveler that travels a lot. It was like i was in a hole in the bed. Later I found out these are adjustable comfort beds, but that did not seem to correct the issue. By the way it may be helpful to note the bed comfort is adjustable to the customers.
Point three - So I move my belongings over to room 310. Room is quiet & clean. As I walk over to look out the window my feet are wet from the air conditioner dripping water on the carpet. I only notice this on my second/last night and will note this to the front desk upon checkout. Secondly 80% of the tv channels went out (message of no signal) from 8pm and was still out upon checking out the next morning.
Are the above a horrible experience - No. But I expect better from a Hilton brand hotel that I try to stay at all the time as a business traveler. I normally stay at a Hampton nearby for this business location and frankly after this stay I will go back to the Hampton for future business stays in this area.
Overall, besides my couple of issues the hotel is nice, but there are a lot of other options for hotels in the area where a customer will not have any issues. The bar is high for frequent stay customers.

Room Tip: Stay away from Room 140. Ask for a room on the side of the hotel that Room 310 is on.
1  Thank newadventure53
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a Clean, Business Friendly hotel. The Staff is GREAT!!! The Food is GREAT!!! The Rooms are GREAT!!! I think every family would love to stay here. The hotel really makes you feel at home. The Hilton Garden Inn name is always a GREAT choice and one you can count on being clean.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Quiet, convenient and comfortable with an incredibly friendly and accommodating staff. I have stayed here for work (office in O'Fallon) and would return without hesitation. Good value. For this class of hotel they exceed expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Very nice and new Hilton Garden Inn in the far west suburbs. Visited as part of a business trip to a local business in the area. Staff was very professional and friendly.

The only negative is if you are planning to go downtown, you are quite a distance either driving wise or from getting to light right at the airport as another option.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed with my family for a wedding. We had three rooms over a weekend stay. Common areas were clean and comfortable. Loved the variety of seating spaces to allow relaxing and gathering somewhere other than the sleeping rooms. The pool was nice - a little cold for a heated pool but that's a personal preference! Staff was very friendly and accomodating. We arrived way before check in with two babies who NEEDED to get out of the car! They were most helpful in getting us into one of our rooms so we could tend to the little ones.

Rooms were very clean and quite comfortable. We had two king rooms and one with two beds. Linens were nice - not luxury but this isn't a luxury hotel either! The beds do have a firmness adjustment so you could make more/less firm. Would stay again and recommend it to anyone traveling for business or pleasure in the O'Fallon area. Easy access from the highway but enough off the traffic flow that it feels more like a retreat!

We didn't take advantage of the bar but there is a small bar service in the evenings. Breakfast buffet (not included but I understand that they offer coupons with different types of room rates). No lunch on the weekends and our plans had us elsewhere for dinner but the breakfast included a decent variety of hot/cold options. Chef will prepare a fresh omelet on request. The man working the days we were there was a little less than bubbly but the omelets were good! One last thing I enjoyed - weather was very hot while we were there. In the morning they had a nice big urn with iced citrus water - very refreshing! Looked for it when we returned in the evening but I guess it was only out duriing meals. Coffee was acceptable - nothing special but good enough according to those in my party who drink the vile stuff!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near O'Fallon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Louis West-O'Fallon
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in O'Fallon
Hampton Inn St. Louis Wentzville
Staybridge Suites O'Fallon Chesterfield

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis/O'Fallon? Share your experiences!