“Awesome ! If not for the piece of rubbish, in my spinach.”
Review of Tandoori King - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tandoori King
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Hi, you may find reviews on this restaurant here: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/28/1509719/restaurant/St-Louis/OFallon/Tandoori-King-Ofallon or here http://www.yelp.com/biz/tandoori-king-dardenne-prairie Thanks, Erick P.S. here what I intended to write Delicious food - the best indian food I had in the US for years we recently enjoyed the food at this place. The food they serve at lunch (buffet) is very very tasty and so diverse. The buffet (about $ 8 per person) also includes ice tea and, to my surprise, a delicious mango lassi. I can only recommend this restaurant. I traveled a lot to India in the last 15 years and I like indian food. What you get at the Tandoori Kind on Bryan road in O'Fallon is just the kind of food you get in India. The service is excellent. The food is just wonderful and the owners did a great job in decorating (very simple) the room. Simply a wonderful place to enjoy indian food!
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Having travelled the world, I developed quite the interest in a wide variety of cuisines - in particular Indian. I have tried for 15 years to make a decent curry and failed; however, i am approaching a point that matches what you can get in the US.

Tandoori King. Wanting to love it as I am moving to St Louis started out on wrong foot as they parked their car outside the front door having me park farther away. Hmmm. Entering the restaurant though it was impeccable: spotless, extremely well set, perfect melody to take me back to my favorite litle curry house in London.

The service was pretty good; quite a struggle trying to explain a pampadam. But, in the end most gracious allowing me a half order of Saag and a half order of Lamb Vindaloo.

And, finally, the food. Again, this is the US. The onion base a bit thinner than I would like. The flavor though was excellent. For my taste though, too mild.

My otherwise great experience, walking around their car aside, was shattered when I found a 1 inch square piece of paper in my Saag. O U C H! That's a pretty big little piece of paper. With everything else being so goooood, I will likely return; not just as fast as I would have otherwise.

1  Thank Cakefirst

Reviewed November 3, 2011

I wasn't expecting to be able to find an Indian restaurant in this area of town, but when we saw this place we had to try it. The food was delicious, and there was plenty of it. We had enough to eat that we had to take leftovers back to the hotel with us and had plenty to eat the next day for lunch.

1  Thank bobcat_chica
Reviewed January 11, 2011

we recently enjoyed a very nice and tasteful lunch at this place.

The food they serve at lunch (buffet) is very very tasty and extremely diverse for an indian buffet at lunch time.

I can only warmly recommend this restaurant. I traveled a lot to India in the last 15 years and I like indian food. What you get at the Tandoori Kind on Bryan road in O'Fallon is just the kind of food you get in India. The service is excellent. The food is just wonderful and the owners did a great job in decorating (very simple) the room. Simply a wonderful place to enjoy indian food!

Tandoori King definitely deserves to become a popular place. We will go back without a doubt.

3  Thank ErickW