“Excellent thai food.”

Thai Gourmet
Ranked #28 of 192 Restaurants in O'Fallon
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went out and decided to try something different. We rarely eat out in St Charles county because there are mostly chain restaurants. The food we ordered was excellent. We shared the chicken skewers with peanut sauce appetizer and red curry chicken with rice noodles. We chose medium (5) spicy ness . Both were excellent and we will be back. The atmosphere was ok, but the food speaks for itself.

2  Thank kit628

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is one of the few authentic ethnic restaurants in O'Fallon (maybe the only one). The owner (who does the cooking) is actually from Thailand. We love the food and this is one of the only restaurants that we go to regularly. Panang and yellow curries are good, as are the noodle and stir fry dishes. Thai ice tea is the perfect contrast to the heat of the food. They'll ask you how hot, 0-10 - we like 3. Prices are very reasonable.

2  Thank phelsuma90
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This can be categorized under "Duh, What Took Me So Long To Try?" I just "discovered" this gem a few weeks ago and have been back a few times. I was always afraid of the "heat" of Thai food, but the staff helped me choose the right degree of heat and the chef /owner tailored it to meet my needs (I started with a "2" on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being hottest). The food had just the right spice and it did not overpower the flavors of the other ingredients (as I've experienced at lesser restaurants, hence my fear of trying the cuisine). We went over the lunch hour and while it was crowded, service was fast and the staff was fantastic. The owners (husband and wife) came out to check on us and spent some time talking to us. This is a family-owned establishment and we later found out the server was the son, a high school student. I have to say, he was one of the most attentive and polite young man I have ever met. Not sure if he will take over the business, but whatever he does, he will succeed. The atmosphere is not fancy, but the food and service sure are exceptional. I highly recommend this restaurant and will be back. For you other Thai-novices, don't wait. You're missing out!

2  Thank jdw44885
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was looking for somewhere fast to eat. I stumbled upon this little Thai place and it was pretty good. It was empty except for one other guy who said the food is really good. I ordered the pad Thai. The food probably took 5-7 minutes to be delivered to my table after ordering. It was the most interesting pad Thai I had ever tasted, but it was good. I was not expecting a creamy pad Thai sauce, but was pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I think this is the kind of place that Robert Irvine could do a superficial makeover on, and really plus it up.

Aside from that, the service was very friendly, the noodle dishes we had were excellent. Loved the peanut sauce.

I had been in the mood for a good bowl of soup, but there is none on the menu at all. That could be an area of improvement.

2  Thank sjlocke