“Helpful Staff, SoSo Food”
Review of Chevys Fresh Mex

Chevys Fresh Mex
Ranked #124 of 191 Restaurants in O'Fallon
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Kansas City, Mo
“Helpful Staff, SoSo Food”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

After looking forward to dining here for many months, must say was a bit disappointed. The waitress was very nice and helpful to describe and help with orders. The chips and salsa was mild. My food just warm not really hot enough. We took some leftovers back home and reheated later. It was not busy when we ate so that cannot be blamed. The décor was pleasing. The prices are not cheap. Perhaps they will continue to improve.

• Visited June 2013

missouri
“don't bother”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

food was bland boring , tasteless, salsa had no flavor , food served lukewarm, cheesedip tasted like it came from a gas station don't bother with this one ............... and they don't serve sweet tea , really ............

• Visited January 2013
ofallon mo
“Again chevy's ofallon disappointed”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We live in ofallon mo approx 5 miles from Chevy's. Periodically we give in to try just one more time aug 30th about 7:40
Our waitress was very good and had too many tables ordered a piña colada received a mix of a margarita and piña colada. Our neighboring table sent back 2 drinks the sAme time to the bartender
It was explained the bartender was new
Instead of sorry.
The salsa at the Ofallon site continues to pale with the St peter's store. This evening was no different. The salsa was watery and bland
My daughter specifically ordered her tacos less tomatoes and explained her allergy. When received, the tomatoes were served anyway A waiter finally noticed us, acknowledged the mistake and personally told us that he would remake. My tomale and chili rellano dough was not cooked well and was soggy. After another 10 minutes waiting for my daughter's remake her dish arrived. It was evident that the tomatoes had been scraped off leaving a few tomato pieces and distinct tomato juices
Again had to flag a waiter down since our waitress was overworked Sent dish back again. The 2nd time her dish was Ok. I had picked through my dish and chose not to cOmplain. We recd our check with no discount nor apology. Upon leaving with evident management at the reservation desk not one opened the doors They did say thank you while they watched us open the doors to leave
So either LaChata or the St Peter location. So much to teach customer service at too many local restaurants

1 Thank binlady
O'Fallon, Missouri
“Bland Food, Unsanitary Work Habits”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I can't say the food was terrible, but it was certainly very plain and without much excitement for the taste buds. I certainly expected better from a well known restaurant such as Chevy's. The service was about equally exciting. Not terrible, but certainly not excellent. My server was focused on her smart phone for a good five minutes while I waited to place my order. The food arrived very fast, but that was the last I saw of her until time to leave. I didn't really need anything, but if I would have, I would have been out of luck. The worst thing was the unsanitary work habits I saw. I watched the bartender making drinks and when she put the ice in the glasses it was mounded up on top. The waitress waiting for the drinks smoothed it out with her hands and touched the business end of the straw with her fingers. When the bartender made two pitchers of Margaritas, one of them had some object in the pitcher. It looked like a black plastic lid or something. She plunged her bare hand right into the pitcher, causing the liquid to overflow, and fished it out and threw it in the trash. The two pitchers then went to the customer. This was very disgusting to me. I would not go back there again just because of that hand in the pitcher. If they will do this, they will do anything. Their sanitation standards are obviously very low. They will get no more of my business.

• Visited September 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Always the best fajitas around!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have been to this location, and all of the others in STL (and a good majority in the Bay area in CA), and this location always knocks it out of the ball park! The fajitas are always some of the leanest and tastiest you will find anywhere, and the service is always great. I would attribute that to a great manager with the hiring of good help. The margaritas are always a good choice for the adults, with a nice seasonal variety. The ribs are very unique as well, and have a jalapeno jelly sauce to give them a very distinct and addictive flavor. A+++ for the a great restaurant!

• Visited June 2012