Tripadvisor

“so lovely”
Review of Cafe 1947

Cafe 1947
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Failsworth
Description: Cafe Serving Pizza Prosecco And Much Much More, From Light And Healthy Breakfasts, To Pizza, Salads Sandwiches And Beautiful Handmade Cakes. Relax In The Beautiful Surrounds And Recharge Your Batteries.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff went out of there way to make it a. lovely meal . Food was great the girls was lovely well done girls keep up the hard work . Need more staff to make the place run smoother. went into the restaurant and staff stood around doing nothing when them girls are working hard. The Girls in the cafe deserve all the credit. lovely

Date of visit: December 2019
cafe1947team, General Manager at Cafe 1947, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review, I will pass this on to the team who will be delighted to hear your lovely comments.

we hope to see you soon.

Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed December 29, 2019

Me and my partner called in for a coffee and wanted a small bite to eat, little bit of toast,sandwich or scone jam and cream etc there were no biscuits on offer to compliment hot drinks, all sandwiches were just short of £10, there is a half decent selection of cakes on offer but for anything else was around the price of a meal out. Regardless of what shop it is in, the prices should be fair. The cafe in john lewis is far better.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Dhnn6
Reviewed October 24, 2019

Had lunch here today. Very expensive in the cafe (not the restaurant) £8.95 for a small bowl of soup and a mediocre roll. Had to sit at uncleared table. Queue to order
My niece had a tuna sandwich also £8.95. It was noisy and uncomfortable could not talk. We were going to have coffee but decided not to bother. I wouldn't mind paying such a high price if it had been full service and clean tables. spoilt our day after we had a lovely time in the Christmas decorations department. That was brilliant. Won't be eating there again.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank Andrea B
Reviewed August 21, 2019

Visited the New Cafe 1947 at HU Normally i would go across the way to the Wickentree but was very curious to see what had been created. Well I was pleasantly surprised, the Cafe is decorated beautifully, as ever the staff were very attentive and the food was fabulous! Well prepared hot and delicious! Great choices I opted for a Pizza (way out of my comfort zone normally but it was lovely!!!) There were lots of choices on the menu something for everyone. All in all a cracking visit lovely relaxed atmosphere great food and great service. Yes i will certainly visit again!

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Amanda H
cafe1947team, Manager at Cafe 1947, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Thank you so much for your lovely review on café 1947
we are delighted to hear that you love the new décor and that you were pleasantly surprised !
we are so pleased that you enjoyed your pizza, I will pass on your comments to the team who will be thrilled to know what a marvellous time you had dining with us.
thank you again for taking the time to write this review
we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2019

We visited today , and the children was treated really well the choice of children's menu is really good value for money my daughters had pizza and ice cream and a drink , all presented well ,my self and my mum had steak on sourdough roll , and my mother had salmon and avocado bagel all was delicious , very very happy will be calling again.

Date of visit: August 2019

thank you so much for taking the time to review our café 1947.

we are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed both your visit and the food you chose on the day.

we are delighted to hear that you found the children's meal deal offer great value and a great choice was available.

I will pass on your comments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.