First off let me say that the Hilton brand name does not do justice to this island.
This is my first ever stay in the Maldives so as a result I have nothing to comapre it with.
The first thing u will see/feel/pay is the seaplane transfer to the hotel. 420USD roundtrip is a very steap price to pay for such a 60min journey per person (this has be to be one of the best yield producing airlines in the industry)
Speaking of prices this resort is not cheap. They have a 10% service charge fee on everything, and I would actually call it unfair that they even use the 10% service charge on the room rate itself. In my case that was 65USD per day just for the service charge on my room plus 8USD bed tax per day.
Haveing said that this is the most negative thing I can recall from my trip. The island is gorgeous and the beach villas (this is the lowest category room type on the island) is amazing. The most amazing part is the openair bathroom which is twice the size of the living area. It also has a very strong sensual/sexual atmosphere to it too. Couples should love it.
Personally I think the beach villas are more useful then the over water villas since u have ur very own beach infront just 30 seconds walk away.
The rooms are equipped with Bose sound system and flat screen TV. They also have free internet in all rooms. The speed is mega-slow so don't even think of using skype for phone calls. Just to slow for that.....and most of the time it didn't even work.
The food options are good. The main restaurant is the IRU where they serve everything bufe style. The breakfast is ok but I missed some vegetables and coldcuts. Apart from that the cooking station for eggs is great.
There are options to fine dine in the a la carte restaurants but I never tried that. Ended up in the IRU every night for dinner. The food is very good. It would be hard not to notice the strong sri lankan and indian influence of the region. If curry is ur thing you are going to love this place.
I was fortunate enough to attend the new years eve dinner which was spectacular. Its not often u feel that the chefs put in their heart and soul into what they do and also feel that saving money on the buffet was no factor. Let me say again:The food was amazing and the staff did a great job. Also worth mentioning that the hotel put on a fireworks display that was simply spectacular.
The only area of complaint for the other "normal" days could be the lack of tropical fruits. That could have been more expanded to my likeing....and dessert wise I think the island could do with a better pastry chef (and GM being french should know what good pastry is)
Activity wise its clear that diving and snorkeling is paramount. Now I don't do either so I ended up renting the kayak (free of charge) where u can go around the island. For that matter u can also walk around the island. Takes about 40 minutes. There is a good gym and also options to play tennis and all sorts of other sports. Question is will u want to do it when its 35 degrees C.
The island has 2 big pools. One mostly for families with children and one for the adults. Both pools are gorgeous...and trust me I have seen a few pools in my life.
The island is only 2 years old. The flowers and trees make u feel ur in a well groomed tropical jungle. And ofcourse there is a wide selection of wildlife as well. At night I would recomend using the flashlight from u room. U never know what kind of animal u might bump into along ur walk home in the evening.
I would come back here for sure but only when the price/experince ratio becomes more down to earth. For my taste/budget this is a very overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi we invite you to let go of your worldly concerns and simply enjoy the moment - on your own, with your partner, with your family. To soak up the stunning environment of our 52-acre island, revel in the luxuries of our traditional Maldivian villas, indulge in mouth-watering cuisine across our 11 restaurants, and experience our diverse array of leisure activities that will see you speeding across the ocean's surface and delving beneath its depths. We also invite you to discover, to learn, to connect. DISCOVER LIVING Inspired by nature, enveloping. Shaded havens open onto pristine stretches of powdery beach, the lagoon and its delights waiting patiently. Strolling at sunrise along the water's edge, the sky blushing deep rose. Laying in the shallows to bask in pure sunlight, waves gently caressing, schools of fish teasing. Feeling that life was always meant to be like this - savouring each moment. DISCOVER FLAVOUR Maldivian culinary arts and traditions come alive across 11 diverse restaurants. Fresh local flavours - served with tropical flair. Tantalising aromas carry on the breeze from live cooking stations. Seafood specialities and homemade hearty treats. Authentic Asian and gourmet light bites. Indulge in local and international fusions of sumptuous ingredients and delicious flavours. Casual settings paired with fine cuisine. Speciality wines individually selected by our expert Sommelier. Feast at the water's edge. The sound of a sizzling grill blended with the lapping of the waves. DISCOVER FREEDOM • Beach • Main swimming pool with children's area • Infinity-edged lap pool • PADI five-star dive centre • Water sports centre • Fully equipped gymnasium • Tennis courts • Badminton courts • Spa • Library • Kids' Club DISCOVER RELAXATION With the entire island a sanctuary of natural beauty, there is no need to hide away. Instead The Spa at The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi is an open immersion - in organic earth and vibrant sea - the elements from which Ayurveda draws its centuries-old healing power. At The Spa we have perfected this ancient holistic tradition, blending its timeless wisdom with contemporary practices found both East and West. Our resident Ayurvedic Doctor guides our guests on their own personalised journeys to wellness both during their stay and beyond. Meanwhile, expert practitioners - in traditional massage, authentic Maldivian-inspired rituals and world-renowned wellness practices - combine finely honed knowledge with a naturally healing touch. DISCOVER COMMUNITY We engage in proactive yet culturally respective social responsibility efforts, helping to preserve the atoll's traditions while also bettering livelihoods. Along the way, we invite guests who seek a deeper understanding of the atoll's people and culture to take part - from spending a day with local fishermen who supply our restaurants, to practicing English with children at the village school, to trading stories and recipes with the women as they prepare the day's catch. Our guests leave with a unique insight into the Maldives, enriched by its culture and traditions. Meanwhile our communities benefit from the support offered by The Sun Siyam - and their meaningful engagement with you. We warmly welcome you to our home, and into our hearts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Resort And Spa
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Hotel Noonu Atoll
- Hilton Noonu Atoll
- Noonu Atoll Hilton