Not as good as it looks probably sums it up but only because it looks "so" good. This is the Bounty advert island made real. If you are booking a honeymoon and want perfect white sandy beach fringed by coconut trees and warm turquoise water lapping at your feet, book now. The rooms are also very nice, we had a luxury beach villa with cabana, then upgraded to a retreat pool beach villa, they both have a wow factor, especially when you are led through to the large outdoor bathroom with jacuzzi and day bed. There was a renewed wow factor when we were led through to our upgraded pool villa with extra bedroom for the kids (including there own flat screen tv and air con) sliding doors kept us apart at night. The cabana just inside the vegetation shade by the beach opening onto a huge white beach, 40meters to the sea, and our own beach beds and thatched umbrella. Also perfectly placed next to the adult pool, more of that later.
The wow was back as we walked into the huge garden bathroom again with jacuzzi and outdoor shower also a bigger day bed, and swimming pool..... nice.
The toiletries were better here also as was the mini bar offering, champagne here, only wine in the normal villa... So the rooms are nice. Unfortunately the reason we had the upgrade was because the previous room had a noisy air con unit that kept us awake, also it wasn't cleaned thoroughly. a cursory sweep of the floor and make of the bed. look under anything and you see what is missed, eugh. Which puts doubts in your mind about things like the cleanliness of cups and glasses in the room etc. We complained 5 times about the air con, each day they said it had been fixed but it hadn't, on one occasion they "fixed it ' by turning the temp up to 26 so it wouldn't come on and therefor wouldn't be noisy... remember this is a 5* resort.
Any way we were also double charged for dinner ( $70US each )even though we were on half board. double charged for water ($10us) and charged $10 to put some milk into an empty coke bottle for coffee in our room. (We had all of these refunded) Add to this the fact that we were bitten up to 30 times a day by mosquito's by the family pool and you can see how a happy customer becomes a frustrated customer demanding to see the manager. He was not available but mr Zian dealt with our complaints in a fantastic way. He promised to make our remaining 5 days amazing. The upgrade to the retreat rooms went a long way towards that, to the extent that i feel guilty putting this review up, but facts are facts.
The island effectively has no snorkelling, as the island is surrounded by a break water wall about 100mtrs out, inside of this they dredge to make a perfect beach. The downside is there is hardly anything alive inside the breakwater. It is so silty that it is like swimming through milk. The only real option is to go out along the jetty to the dive school and swim a further 50meters out from there to the drop off, but honestly, it's not worth it. This is the most disappointing island as far as snorkelling goes and we've been to many. The dive school is staffed by really nice people, all very professional including some we recognised from Olluvelli last summer. (another Sun Diving resort) They make the most of the limited dive sites. there are loads on the board but only a few get used. Shark point or Coen's Dream was brilliant first time, not so good 2nd and 3rd. same goes for other sites. Christmas tree is the other big one and a great dive it is too.
We dined at the Iru buffet half the nights. The food was very good, but a bit samey and identical on the second week as it is only a 1 week rolling menu. However special mention to our greeter and the chefs, all of them, as they couldn't do enough for us and the children. They made a fuss of the kids and made them special treats, the chef even made me a Rum Baba because i said i liked them. Shame the waiting staff didn't live up to the chef's high standards. They were sometimes brilliant, but other times slow and unhelpful, looking as if they didn't want to be there, not clearing plates until you asked them to.
The other restaurants are typical Maldives theme restaurants. Steak good in the steak one, Asian fusion food good, but they all suffer from the same problem. Too expensive, horrendously expensive wine lists and far too dark. You can't read the menu without a torch and you can't see what you are eating. Otherwise nice and fantastic locations.
I've saved the best til last. Bamboo Restaurant is fantastic. From the chef "Mama" who will make anything for you on or off the menu, just be careful if you ask for spicy.... hot hot hot. The Tum Yum soup 'spicy' left me sucking ice cream in the kitchen to cool my tongue down but wow it was gorgeous. She met us at Male airport on our way home and hugged us all, a genuinely nice person. Kumar was one of the best waiters on the island. Nothing was too much trouble even when the kids had odd requests. but he got dancing lessons from my son in return.
a very good kids club, well stocked and staffed, especially when the long haired big smile receptionist lady (sorry didnt get her name) was there. The island is big enough that there are always kids to play with so ours wanted to go.
If you have kids the family pool is great, a little noisy, not enough beds but a lovely looking pool. Safe areas for the young ones, jacuzzi area for the older and plenty of room. The restaurant is the best one for lunch. reasonable prices try the green mango salad hmmm. Only problem is mosquitos. you get bitten to death, especially late afternoon.
The adult pool is lovely, tranquil and just what you want. An infinity pool mostly empty of people, comfy beds and plenty of them, attentive bar staff and a view to die for. Teh Fruit bats swooping down to drink the water at sunset with the fantastic sunset over the end of the pool/sea is what memories are made of. shame one of the staff is such a jobs worth. No kids allowed, but at sunset when the pool is empty and a family have their "quiet well behaved" young children on the beach it is no problem to anyone, when they step onto the decking to drink a coke the staff member is over telling them to move off. It's not like they were swimming or even laying on beds. Also i was in the pool hanging onto the edge watching the sun go down when he appeared saying "pools closed at 7" ordering me out.....
There are loads of things to do, free water sports like kayaks, unlimited board games to borrow, pool, snooker and table football, darts, tennis, ping pong the list goes on. Most are free, only motorised sports are chargeable. The dive centre lends you snorkel fins and mask for free, just return them at the end of your holiday, fantastic, just a shame the's nothing to see.
Spa: pretty good
This island has so much to offer, but suffers from a few problems, some staff, some maintenance, high prices are a put off and the lack of good snorkelling is a let down considering it's the Indian Ocean, but otherwise its terrific. If you are going on honeymoon, this is the place for you. I'm not, so i'm sorry to say I wont be returning. "Sorry" because Zian tried so hard, he did everything he could with what he has. You can't really ask for any more...can you?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi we invite you to let go of your worldly concerns and simply enjoy the moment - on your own, with your partner, with your family. To soak up the stunning environment of our 52-acre island, revel in the luxuries of our traditional Maldivian villas, indulge in mouth-watering cuisine across our 11 restaurants, and experience our diverse array of leisure activities that will see you speeding across the ocean's surface and delving beneath its depths. We also invite you to discover, to learn, to connect. DISCOVER LIVING Inspired by nature, enveloping. Shaded havens open onto pristine stretches of powdery beach, the lagoon and its delights waiting patiently. Strolling at sunrise along the water's edge, the sky blushing deep rose. Laying in the shallows to bask in pure sunlight, waves gently caressing, schools of fish teasing. Feeling that life was always meant to be like this - savouring each moment. DISCOVER FLAVOUR Maldivian culinary arts and traditions come alive across 11 diverse restaurants. Fresh local flavours - served with tropical flair. Tantalising aromas carry on the breeze from live cooking stations. Seafood specialities and homemade hearty treats. Authentic Asian and gourmet light bites. Indulge in local and international fusions of sumptuous ingredients and delicious flavours. Casual settings paired with fine cuisine. Speciality wines individually selected by our expert Sommelier. Feast at the water's edge. The sound of a sizzling grill blended with the lapping of the waves. DISCOVER FREEDOM • Beach • Main swimming pool with children's area • Infinity-edged lap pool • PADI five-star dive centre • Water sports centre • Fully equipped gymnasium • Tennis courts • Badminton courts • Spa • Library • Kids' Club DISCOVER RELAXATION With the entire island a sanctuary of natural beauty, there is no need to hide away. Instead The Spa at The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi is an open immersion - in organic earth and vibrant sea - the elements from which Ayurveda draws its centuries-old healing power. At The Spa we have perfected this ancient holistic tradition, blending its timeless wisdom with contemporary practices found both East and West. Our resident Ayurvedic Doctor guides our guests on their own personalised journeys to wellness both during their stay and beyond. Meanwhile, expert practitioners - in traditional massage, authentic Maldivian-inspired rituals and world-renowned wellness practices - combine finely honed knowledge with a naturally healing touch. DISCOVER COMMUNITY We engage in proactive yet culturally respective social responsibility efforts, helping to preserve the atoll's traditions while also bettering livelihoods. Along the way, we invite guests who seek a deeper understanding of the atoll's people and culture to take part - from spending a day with local fishermen who supply our restaurants, to practicing English with children at the village school, to trading stories and recipes with the women as they prepare the day's catch. Our guests leave with a unique insight into the Maldives, enriched by its culture and traditions. Meanwhile our communities benefit from the support offered by The Sun Siyam - and their meaningful engagement with you. We warmly welcome you to our home, and into our hearts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Resort And Spa
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Hotel Noonu Atoll
- Hilton Noonu Atoll
- Noonu Atoll Hilton