Harrah's North Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I made the reservation for my birthday last Friday. We came in and I had several pieces of luggage. A valet asked if I needed help I said yes and then he walked away. I waited around 4 minutes while my girlfriend parked the car. She made it back and I decided to haul my luggage inside. As I was doing so the valet said he should be here right away told him not to worry about it. No cars were on the drive at the time. We went inside and was helped by the attendant asked her if I could get help with luggage and she called the bell stand. We had checked in waited a couple of minutes and gave up and preceded to take our own luggage to the room. Upon entering the room it was apparent that we got the luxery room instead of the premium room I ordered and paid for. I called to the front desk waiting on hold for at least 5 minutes and she told me that I was in a premium room. I told her that this room didn't look anything like the picture. Then she said that there was no more premium rooms available. I told her I wanted to speak to a manager she said that no one was available. I told her that I either wanted a premium room or I wanted to cancel my reservation. She told me that she would try to get a hold of manager and to come downstairs. Upon arrival they gave me a key to the appropriate room "There wasn't any available" and I again hauled all my luggage through the hotel. The whole time nobody apologized for anything. Harrah's response to my email was that they were thankful for my email and that they talked to the management about my experience. Again no apology no remedy.........no repeat customer or hotel guest

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank huskerjayhawk03
Write a ReviewReviews (3,034)

Reviewed March 31, 2010

My husband and I stay here whenever we can. Our rooms are always clean and well appointed.A room with a view would be nice, but we were comped our room so why gripe?We ate at all of the restaurants-Mike& Charlies has the best calamari with citrus sauce(as good as on the coast!) The range is always good and the buffet is always fresh and good.The only down fall is the long wait to get in for a table. We like Toby Kieths jalapeno muffins-they are the bomb!
Yes-the slots seem tight,but I won $750.00 the last visit and am looking forward to this weekend with my friends at Harrahs.Thanks

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank acatinting
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I brought my friend as a treat for her birthday. Although I've never been disappointed, this was my best trip ever. The staff is exceptional ! No waiting for paper to be replaced in machines, no long waits for payouts.. no long lines at the cashier or Total Rewards desk. The whole place was packed with players for the three days we were there but we never encountered an unpleasant staff member.

You do not have to be a high roller to be treated like one! From the moment you arrive, the valet people, the hotel desk, the bellmen, the housekeeping personel, casino hosts, security and even those people who serve in the restrurants seem to appreciate your being there. What a pleasant change from some of the other casino hotels we have visited! Harrah's NKC is to be commended on excellence.

Oh yes. The room. The room was exceptional. Everything you need is there and if not one quick call and you have it, pronto.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2010

At a special deal of $39 a night this was one of the best deals in Kansas City for our trip. With three in the room the total cost with tax was $52 a night - great special. The hotel was clean and 4th floor was all non smoking. Rooms were OK with two doubles but not much floor space. NO FREE INTERNET any place in the hotel. We did not go for gambling but got all the free soda in the casino we wanted. We did not eat in the casino but the buffet line was huge every day because of a March deal. We found a DONUTS KING close by that had great filled longjohns and other great pastries.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Excellent place to see a great concert, great food, great rooms, & lots of gambling.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2010

I got a room here because the Ameristar was full (because it's a better hotel).
I spent $190 total for one night without any discount.
The reservation on the phone went well, except I didn't realize they had confirmed a smoking room. At check-in, I was told that the only rooms available were non-smoking rooms. That was great (as it was what I wanted), but it left me wondering if they had their reservation process squared away.
There was NO parking near the lobby while I checked in. You are expected to park in the parking lot and walk your bags in. That's ridiculous. I parked in the valet parking lot, and a valet came out to tell me I couldn't park there. I did.
I know I broke the rules, but I didn't feel very welcome.
I wasn't going to park 100 yards away from the hotel and carry my bags in multiple trips.
The room was clean (except for two dirty juice glasses on top of the TV stand which a normal-sized person wouldn't see).
No in-room safe.
No flat screen TV; it's a CRT in a large wood stand.
No desk.
Small table.
Chairs are average.
Clean, comfortable beds.
Extra electrical outlets near bed for electric toys.
Fridge in room.
Wake-up call with front desk worked great.
Didn't check for WiFi.
Didn't use room service.
Didn't eat at buffet (ate at Ameristar).
Typical K.C. casino, crowded and smoky on Saturday night. The crowds slowed down the pace of my drinking as my rate of access was significantly reduced.
While I didn't go to the Voodoo lounge, I saw that it was very popular with rap fans.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Enjoyed our stay. Nice room and casino but disappointed that they didn't have a pool. If they would add an indoor heated pool with spa facilities this place would be near "Vegas quality". As it is it's pretty good for the Midwest but not outstanding.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City
La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
#4 of 4 in North Kansas City

Been to Harrah's North Kansas City? Share your experiences!