“4 week day nites”

Harrah's North Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 13, 2013

my stay was for work and I do not gamble so the hotel was fine. the staff at the desk are helpful. but the other guests are loud late into the night. this hotel has no pool or breakfast. restaurants on site are good but expensive. check out is slow and you have to go down to the lobby to check out. I prefer the fast check out when they come by and slide the receipt under the door while you sleep. I do not want to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for the 4 star review. Please come back and see us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,034)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Just got back from a 4 night stay, the place was pretty clean and comfortable. But keep in mind there is no internet service for rooms which I feel in this day in age is unacceptable and also no room service..other than that pretty good..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and your review. We were in the process of upgrading our internet last week and we are very sorry you were not informed at C/I. I am happy to report our new, faster internet is up and running. Also keep in mind, we have a 24/7 buisness center accross the lobby for your use.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We had a great stay at this Harrah's property. We were in the Las Vegas Towers where the rooms were updated, linens were good except for those miserable little chicklet pillows that I really don't like!
Bathrooms had the little toilet closet and a spacious enclosed glass shower. Toiletries were of good quality.
Room was quiet and heating system was adequate.
Everyone that works there will greet you. From the security guard to the maintenance crew - they all looked you in the eye and said good morning.
We ate at the buffet for breakfast. The assortment was varied, but the quality of the food was below average. A lot of salty and processed type products. They even had canned fruit on the buffet. Usually one of my favorite meals, this breakfast buffet disappointed.
Aside from the breakfast, the hotel was great and I will definately stay here again.

1  Thank freebirdVT
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The only reason I am giving this hotel a three instead of a four is they don't have a pool. I can't believe they don't. It is almost enough to deter me from returning to this casino/hotel. The rooms were outdated but very clean and very large. The bathrooms are outstanding. Huge bathtub, unfortunately we don't take baths, but they had a stall shower and bathtub, nice granite counters, separate room for the toilet. Very nice!!!
The staff was very nice and everyone spoke to you when you would pass them in the hall ways.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the hall and it was so quiet. Loved that.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I traveled to Kansas City, MO for a meeting and choose to stay at the Harrah's because I enjoy gaming. My room appeared to be clean but I was a little disappointed because the washroom floor was full of long strands of hair. I don't mean a few strands but a lot. The washroom face bowl was stopped up. On the plus side when I called housekeeping, they sent someone up right away to take care of everything. One last thing, there is a frig in the room but no place to warm up any food. :0(

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

I am sorry your room was not cleaned but happy to hear we came right up to fix the issue. Please visit us again.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The rooms are nice size with desk and couch. Way better than a hotel of comparible price range. Also, good restaurants and a great alternative for business travelers who would like some entertainment with in the walls of their hotel. The carpet is worn and things are not new, but they are what you would expect in a high traffic hotel, I imagine it will be scheduled to upgrade one step at a time.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The hotel was clean and the rooms were very comfortable. We were there for 4 days. The first two days we stayed in the Atlantic City tower and it was a clean and normal room. The second 2 nights we stayed in the Las Vegas tower and the room was a bit more roomy and very comfortable. The hotel was quiet and I was able to get a great nights sleep. This was a great place for the relaxing getaway my friend and I planned. The reason for the 3 stars vs. 4 to 5 stars was because I found the food at the buffet to be ok and the food at the italian restaurant was not as good as i thought it would be.

It is a good thing we were there to simply relax because there is not much at all to do at this casino/hotel. There is no pool or hot tub, there is nothing other than the casino which we definitely spent money in but other than that there is nothing. We actually went down the road to another casino/hotel because at least they had a movie theater and we went to the movies.

Overall the hotel was a great place to stay but not much to do.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Kansas City
Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City
Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City
Econo Lodge Kansas City Downtown North
Econo Lodge Kansas City Downtown...
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City
Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City
La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
#4 of 4 in North Kansas City

Been to Harrah's North Kansas City? Share your experiences!