“good experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“good experience”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The rooms are nice size with desk and couch. Way better than a hotel of comparible price range. Also, good restaurants and a great alternative for business travelers who would like some entertainment with in the walls of their hotel. The carpet is worn and things are not new, but they are what you would expect in a high traffic hotel, I imagine it will be scheduled to upgrade one step at a time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The hotel was clean and the rooms were very comfortable. We were there for 4 days. The first two days we stayed in the Atlantic City tower and it was a clean and normal room. The second 2 nights we stayed in the Las Vegas tower and the room was a bit more roomy and very comfortable. The hotel was quiet and I was able to get a great nights sleep. This was a great place for the relaxing getaway my friend and I planned. The reason for the 3 stars vs. 4 to 5 stars was because I found the food at the buffet to be ok and the food at the italian restaurant was not as good as i thought it would be.

It is a good thing we were there to simply relax because there is not much at all to do at this casino/hotel. There is no pool or hot tub, there is nothing other than the casino which we definitely spent money in but other than that there is nothing. We actually went down the road to another casino/hotel because at least they had a movie theater and we went to the movies.

Overall the hotel was a great place to stay but not much to do.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Kansas
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I booked this hotel for my husband's birthday. I am picky about where I stay so I was a bit leery of a 3 star. I went with it because of ratings and the price rocked. I got this room for $89! I was surprised at the room and it was super clean. The bathroom was nice and big and the room was roomy. I would for sure stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and would please come back again.
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I'm not usually a gambler, I booked this room on a price basis as it was close to my destination and a great deal was offered online, or so I thought. My first surprise was on check-in when I discovered W-Fi was not included in the price and was another $12.00 per day and didn't work very well. My second surprise came when I went to the room and discovered it was very dated with old and cheap furnishings and a well worn bed and carpeting. Also, no meal vouchers included, you have to pay full bore or leave the reservation. In short, a $55-$60. value that I paid $80.00 per night at a huge discount. I suggest a stay somewhere else if you're looking for quality or luxury as I was.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry but unless you purchase a internet package, we do charge for internet, media, and all other food options. Also, being a casino hotel, you always have the option to use your player points for all these extra services.
Amarillo
Reviewed October 9, 2013

First room in older tower had no closet, filthy carpet. Second room was called by check in clerk a "puppy room." First floor (which we normally do not mind) but hall carpets horribly stained as were carpets in our room. We do not travel with a pet and would not accept a "puppy room" in the future. This is our third stay at a Total Rewards property in 3 months but we will look elsewhere in Kansas City next time. Normally we are impressed with friendliness of front desk personnel. When I remarked that I had never seen a hotel room without a closet I was told by the front desk that she had once stayed in a room with no window. I thought a reply of sorry for the inconvenience to change rooms would have been a better reply.

Room Tip: Do not accept a "puppy room."
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Denver, North Carolina
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel was clean with good housekeeping service. The staff was kind and helpful.
The casino was not very good and quite a trek from the rooms. Even the new penny machines were not cheap and did not pay out.
Overall, I would not stay here again. Would go down the road to Ameristar. Much nicer place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Benbrook, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

A trip to Kansas City, Missouri, is not complete if you fail to spend at least one night at Harrah's Hotel & Casino. The staff will welcome you with "miles of smiles" and make you feel as though you are the only guest in the hotel. Offers of assistance and multiple acknowledgements of "welcome" are bestowed upon the guests at each meeting.

The hotel accommodations are all suites with very comfortable furnishings. A mini refrigerator is in each suite.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites and each has an excellent view. Guests may want so request a riverside room fo...
Green Features: The hotel is very "green" conscious and encourages guests to be aware of he effort to conserve water and reduced laundry.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Downtown Financial District
816 Hotel
816 Hotel
#23 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Harrah's North Kansas City? Share your experiences!