“Just an average stay at an average Casino Hotel in KC”

Harrah's North Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Just an average stay at an average Casino Hotel in KC”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Okay, the hotel room was comped because I received an offer through Total Rewards based on my previous casino play. The room was adequate in size and having a sitting area with a sofa and chair was nice in addition to the large king sized bed. My room was in the Las Vegas Tower on the third floor. Just a view of the rear of the complex and a parking lot.

My only complaint is that the woman who checked me could have been a little nicer to me. I had asked her if I could have a room on an upper floor and she justed muttered, "No." She seemed bothered by my request and this did not make me feel very welcomed or appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
Lamar, Missouri
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I went to Harrah's for one night as a celebration of my 40th birthday. I had made the reservations well in advance. I had reserved and confirmed a nicer room this time since it was for a special occasion. When we arrived we were dispappointed to find out that they had gave our room away with out explanation. they apologized and put us in a lesser room at a good rate but we still did not have an explanation as to why they chose to give our room away. I am certain that that the ones who got our room had to be a last minute check in who apparently were deemed more important. Our room was ok, we enjoyed our stay though very brief .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Fun, Fun, Fun place to visit. Nice clean rooms, beds comfortable. Easy to get to
off Chouteau. Buffet food excellent. Every employee said "Hello" Good Morning"
All of them extremely helpful. Good old midwest hospitality

Room Tip: Las Vegas Tower, close to front desk, further from casino. Nice and Quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ParticularTraveler74
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a beautiful property, but our room was not clean. There was hair all over the bathroom floor, and a dead fly under the vanity. There was something sticky on the table, and the ice tong had tomato juice or some other red substance dried on it. There was a large gap under the door that let in lots of light, as well as noise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I donated a lot of money to Harrah's NKC this weekend, and I should be upset but I'm not. I don't base my reviews on win/loss, since in the long run the house always wins...

Anyway, the rooms are decent sized and spotlessly clean. Great bathrooms, comfortable beds. The buffet is always good. The Range restaurant is excellent, as is the Corner restaurant.

Slots are tight. The staff at the table games are always friendly. In fact, all of the staff are friendly. Just walking down the hall will get you at least 3 "hello"s. Best casino in KC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for the great review regarding your stay at Harrah's Hotel and Casino. We are always happy to read good reviews when we provide great service. Please come back again.
Gladstone, Missouri
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Strarting with the valet...my experience with valet is that they meet you at your car, open your door and remove your bags. I sat in the valet parking for at least 10 minutes waiting...finally someone came out walked by my car, picked up a sign that had fallen over, walked back passed me and into the hotel. I parked my car myself very far out into the parking lot because there were no handicap spots open. I had checked in for two nights. The first night because of the very thin walls i was kept up till after 10:00pm with the noise of the room next to me partying...was awaken again at 2:00am from the noise and again at 5:30am and just stayed up after that. I was hoping they occupants would check out the next day. They didn't. The second night I finally called the front desk about the noise first at 11:30pm then again at 2:30 am and then someone else finally called at 5:30am because of the screaming and aurguing. I have stayed in many casino hotels and this was by far the worst experience I have ever had!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay at our Hotel. We have many parking spots on the north side of the Alantic City tower for parking. However, Valet should have been there to greet you and get your car parked. I will follow up and ensure that they are aware of what happened. I would love for you to come back and give Harrah's another chance to exceed your stay. Please feel free to contact me so we can make "it right".
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed March 1, 2013

It's always convenient to be able to stay in a hotel connected to a casino so this is why we chose Harrah's when we were in Kansas City for just one night. It's nice to not have to leave the complex and drive elsewhere for dinner or entertainment. It's all under one roof.
However, in this instance the hotel was quite a walk through the halls from the casino and restaurants. Even the coffee shop was quite a walk through the cold and deserted halls to get a cup of coffee and a newspaper in the morning. The hotel room was a disappointment - dark and definitely needs updating. Carpet was dingy and stained. The Italian restaurant was good and staff there very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel

Been to Harrah's North Kansas City? Share your experiences!